Rogue Luna chapter 18.

I looked at him in shock and disbelief.

"You did what?!" I shouted at him. I couldn't believe he would even think to do such a thing. That journal was something private and secret to me, it may seem like something childish or silly but for the longest it was the only thing that kept me sane. Being able to write down my thoughts and look back over them always kept me from slipping.

I turned away from him and began pacing back and forth, I stopped and then looked back up at him. 

"How much did you read?" I asked him.

He continued to look down at the floor and not at me.

"I read up to when you no longer began making full sentences," He admitted.

I couldn't believe it, I haven't even read that in years myself and just because he's my mate he thinks he can just go off and read my belongings without my permission.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"Iris I had to find out what was happening to you, that night I marked you. Something happened to you like something awoke and I needed to know what I was working with," He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"Apparently whatever is happening to you, it's not the first time this has happened and I just want to let you know that you're no longer alone anymore. I won't let anyone hurt you," I turned away from him and pulled my arm out of his grasp. 

"Where is my journal?" I asked impatiently.

"I put it back in the room when you left," He said.

I stormed out of his office and made my way towards his room, I opened the door and found my journal sitting neatly on the bed. I walked towards the bed and picked up the journal to hold it in my hand, maybe it was time to finally read it again to see what was wrong with me.

January 8th

I woke up in the middle of the woods. I don't know where I am or how far away I am from the pack. I don't even know how I got out of the pack, all I know is whoever that was will soon be after me if they aren't now. I don't even know what they want with me or why I'm so important. There was blood in my mouth but I'm pretty sure it isn't mine...what's wrong with me?

January 31st

I accidentally ran into a group of wolves and they tried to attack me. All I remember is trying to climb up a tree and then blacking out. The next day I woke up covered in blood again so I washed myself in a nearby lake, it definitely wasn't my blood again. What's happening to me?

September 14th

It's my birthday, happy birthday to me. I'm getting scared because I keep hearing these voices in my head. I try to talk to them and they talk to me but sometimes they say cruel things, they keep talking about some sacred ritual. A ritual for what? What does that have anything to do with me?

March 19th

Scared, cold and hungry. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. I have no one to talk to, it's like I'm all alone in this world. I just want a friend or something...I miss my mommy and daddy.

July 21st

Some wolves tried to take me, one of them slashed at my back but the moment it did that I just blacked out. I came back to my senses and there was blood everywhere, my back seemed healed but there was a dead man in front of me and no wolves in sight! Did I kill his man?! I have so many questions!!

October 31st

I think I'm going crazy, I wander these woods always on edge just trying to survive. I'm so hungry I've been living off of bugs. I keep blacking out and I don't know what's happening to me but the voices in my head tell me not to worry.

September 15th (A year later)

The greatest and most painful thing happened to me yesterday. I met a friend and turned into the greatest thing ever . I met my wolf. I shifted yesterday on my birthday but it hurt so badly I couldn't move all day. My bones were cracking and rearranging I thought I was going to die but then I heard another voice in my head, this one was sweet and gentle like my mother. She helped me through the process and I was grateful. I told her to never leave me.

She said never ever.

December 1st

It's like having another mother now that she's with me, she explains so much to me, she even talked about having a mate. It sounds nice to always have someone with you but it also sounds unhealthy to have someone else looking into your thoughts and emotions. Always around you obsessively. She seemed excited so I didn't argue.

Unknown Date

I haven't been able to keep track of the time or days but it doesn't matter, nothing in this world matters. I scavenge, I attack, I kill. Day in and day out.

Most of the pages were missing or destroyed due to weather and other predicaments. I closed the book and threw it across the room causing Damien to duck out of the way just in time.

"Iris I didn't know you were going through so much. It seems like blacking out for you was a survival instinct but now we know what happens when you black out...you become something different," He said.

I got off of the bed and shuffled over to Damien to give him a hug.

"I'm a freak," I whispered.

"No you're not, you are far from it," He said as he raked his fingers through my hair. It was in that moments that I had realized something.

I loved Damien.

___________________

This chapter has been edited