Rogue Luna chapter 12.

I woke up to find Danielle shaking me out of my sleep.

"Wake up Iris, it's Damien's birthday," She said, still shaking me.

I rolled over to the empty to the empty spot next to me where Damien was supposed to lay, ever since that incident with Jade we've been slightly more distant, it was like we were moving backwards instead of forward in our relationship.

"Where's Damien?" I asked lazily.

"He went to take care of some pack issues before his celebration, he says he misses you," Danielle said. 

I would have preferred he woke me up before leaving to tell me that himself but I guess he's still cautious of me giving him the cold shoulder, there's no one except myself to blame for that.

"Iris come on and get out of your head, Damien wants to see you," Danielle continued tugging on my arm.

"Fine, go away so I can get dressed," I grumbled as I shooed her away. When I heard the bedroom door closed I sat up and looked around the room and sighed. I never truly paid much attention to Damien's room until now, I pulled the covers off of me and got out out bed. I crossed the room to the shelf on the wall covered in a few framed pictures and grabbed one. It was a photo of Damien when he was about 16, Vi, his father and Danielle. They all looked so cheerful and happy together, something I wasn't able to cherish for long with my family.

'You can build a new family and be just like that,'

My wolf's words startled me but I still smiled since she was right about it. I put the photo back in its place and picked up the one next to it only to frown at it in a distasteful manner. It was a photo of Jade sitting in Damien's lap. Of course I couldn't allow for that picture to stay on the shelf so I broke the frame and ripped the photo into smaller pieces, watching them fall neatly into a pile. I finally decided to finally get dressed and when I stepped out of the room, Danielle was no where to be found. I had no idea where Damien was so ended up exploring the pack house, looking into all the empty bedrooms until I found myself in front of Blake's room. The only reason I knew it was Blake's room was because he had his door wide open while he was lying on the bed.

"Do you know where Damien is?" I asked in, not bothering to knock.

Blake shot up in confusion from his bed and then glared at me when he realized who it was.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" He asked.

"Haven't you ever heard of closing your door?" I shot back.

He simply shrugged his shoulders. "I guess you have a point, he's in his office,"

I continued staring  at him because I had no idea where his office was. 

"Oh yeah you don't know where that is, I thought you were just staring cause I'm such a handsome devil," He grinned. He walked out of his room and shut the door behind him, he had on shorts and a plain white tee with his black hair pointed in every direction. 

"Come on I'll walk you to his office," He motioned for me to follow him. I tailed behind him, curious about Blake, he was Damien's right hand so genuinely I wanted to know more about him.

"Blake, how old are you? How did you and Damien meet? What was Damien like before me? Do you naturally have black hair? When do you expect to find your mate?" I asked all at once without hesitation. He looked down at me and raised an eyebrow.

"So many questions, so little time. I'm 22 I'm turning 23 soon, I've been friends with Damien since grade school since my father was the Beta before me. He was a bit of a player but he's always been a genuine and open guy, always caring about the well being of the pack, no I'm actually blonde I just dye my hair and honestly I have no idea when I will find my mate," He answered, his voice seemed to drop slightly at the last answer.