The Bet

CHAEYOUNG's POV

"Unnie yeah we're on our way. Lisa's with me. Yeah I told you we can use my car, you don't need to bring yours to save gas." I said casually which is a lie by the way. I heard Jennie crack up from the other line.

"Silly. Just be here now. We're already outside."She said still chuckling and I can imagine her flashing her gummy smile.

"Yeah Unnie we're almost there. I'm hanging up now. Love yah." I responded as I bid her goodbye.
I looked at Lisa who's eyes were fixed on the road as she focus her full attention in driving.

Yes. She's really driving now and the unnies are still clueless about it. They didn't know that Lisa and I were always out almost every late night so she can practice driving. I can still remember the first time Lisa asked me about it. It was a day after the date at the Go kart when she opened up at me about the possibility of her driving again. She really want to overcome her trauma of driving and she wants to surprise Jennie and Jisoo Unnie about it.

Ofcourse I was ecstatic about it. To be honest, Lisa is really a good driver. She knows all the safe practices in driving, doesn't drive too slow but never exceed to the speed limit, doesn't muti task while on the road and she always ensure my safety while she's driving.

She's even better than me.

"Are you ready Love?"  I told her flashing my sweetest smile. She smiled back with her eyes still fixed on the road as she made her last left turn on the street.

"I've waited so long for this moment, Chaeyoung."

"Finally, I'll be able to make them proud." she said almost tearing up which made us both emotional. It may sound cliché but Lisa was really adamant of making her two bestfriends proud of what she had become.

She said it's the only thing she can give back to both of them for all the pain and hardships she had caused them for sticking and never leaving her side especially during those worst chapters of her life.

And I couldn't be any happier for the three of them.

"I see them already." Lisa mumbled which brought me to my senses. I looked at the direction and saw the two Unnies standing at the pathway on front of Jennie's house. Their expressions changed the moment they noticed the person who's driving the car. We stopped in front of them and Lisa lowered the car window and flashed her sweetest smile.

"Goodmorning soon-to-be Mrs. Kims. I'm Lisa, your sweet georgeous daughter and I will be your driver for the day." she recited joyfully with her eyes and her face lit up to its brightest.

Jennie can't help but tear up as continous sobs finally escaped from her mouth. She cried a lot, but they were happy tears while Jisoo Unnie stood there smiling, her eyes almost glistened looking at Lisa with utmost pride and love.

"Chu, that's our baby there. Can you see that? She's actually driving now." Jennie said almost a whisper as she wrap her fiancé in a hug.

"Yeah she is."

"Our little turd is now finally healing. I almost lost my faith that this day would finally come for us Jenduek." Jisoo said sincerely. Lisa stared at both of them and flashed her toothy grin. she came out of the car and walked towards them and gave them a grateful hug.

"Thank you Jisoo Unnie. Thank you Jen. I owe almost everything to you. I know it's long overdue but look, I'm slowly rebuilding my life from all the traumas that I'd been to."