Fight of a Lifetime

JENNIE's POV

"Unnie how are you?" Did the investigation went well?" Chaeyoung asked me worriedly the moment me and Jisoo stepped outside the office. We have just finished our interview with the police who were assigned to investigate the case.

"The investigation went pretty well Chaeng. Your sister had been very supportive and considerate during the whole investigation process. She made it easier for us to narrate the incident at the investigator."

"I'm glad she's with us there." I answered feeling grateful. It's true. Just like Chaeyoung, Alice has this same kind of vibe and calming aura that will make you feel comfortable and at peace even in the most difficult times.

"Now I really do understand the impact Chaeyoung has in Lisa. She can always tame even the darkest and violent side of her."

For a moment earlier, she feared that Lisa would snap out and would do the same like what she did to Kai, years ago the moment Lisa found out that he cheated on me.

She beat him up pretty bad.

No one was able to restrain her, not even Jisoo.

Good thing, Kai was gentleman enough not to fight back.

He could have, but he chose not to, since he knew it was his fault.

Good thing Chaeyoung was able to bring her back to her senses in an instant  earlier.

I really don't know but there's something about the way Chaeyoung talks and the way she holds her that makes Lisa calm.

And she's the only person in this world who can do that to her and she's eternally grateful for her because of that.

"Yeah good thing, Jendeuk's secretary was able to  record the whole incident earlier. That fuckin bastard was also harrassing the poor secretary all this time but was too aftaid to file for complaint. Alice said that this evidence is enough to file for warrant of arrest. The police are processing the warrant now. That bastard will be in jail any time now." Jisoo narrated with a contented smirk which brought me to my senses. That was the only time we saw Chaeyoung heave a relieved sigh.

"That's good news Unnie. I'm happy that justice is in our favor." she mumbled quite releived.

"Yeah Chaeyoung. We have Alice. She's the best lawyer in Seoul. I know we're in good hands." I answered in all honesty which made Chaeyoung flashed her sweetest smile.
Our moment was suddenly cut off when a man in his early 30's greeted and approached us.

"Good day Miss Kim. I'm private investigator Lee. I was assigned by your Mom to investigate your attacker. I'm here to talk to your lawyer.
I brought good news." The man cordially bowed as he introduced himself.

"Wow. That was fast. You found something already?" Jisoo mumbled in disbelief making the investigator flash a sincere smile.

"CEO Kim only hires the best Ma'am." the man answered a matter-of-factly. And not long after that, another private investigator arrived which Jisoo identified instantly since he works for the Shin family. And just like the first investigator, this one has brought good news too.

"I'll bring them to Alice. You too go ahead. Babe please rest and sleep for the meantime while we work this one out."

"We'll make that bastard pay. I promise." Jisoo wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed me in my forehead.