The Chaeyoung Effect.

JISOO's POV

"Are you sure Lisa-Yah?"
That's the first question that came out of my mouth the moment Lisa asked Jennie and I to accompany her tomorrow morning to visit her Dad. We just got home here at Jennie's place after their date at the roof deck.

For some, it might sound like a normal request. But having known Lisa for almost a decade, Jennie and I both knew that this is not going to be easy. We both looked at each other with sudden panic and concern and shifted our attention uneasily at the woman sitting at the side of her bed in front of us.

I mean, who wouldn't be?

When it was the very first time she asked us that favor ever since her father died 10 years ago.

Lisa never visited her father's grave.

She didn't even attended her dad's funeral.

She only went there once, and it was the night after the funeral when everyone left...

It was the first and the last time she went to see her Dad.

And after that she never came back.

She blocked every memory that would remind her of her dad and the trauma.

That's the same reason why she never drive again.

She never talked about it, not even to us., not even to Errin, her great love..

And hearing her talk about this stuff makes me scared yet hopeful.

What if she didn't make it again?

Will she run away again like she always do?

Will she leave us and shut everyone out in her life again?

Are we going to lose her from depression again?

These are the things that are running through my head right now.

Cause I don't know if Jennie and I would be able to take another heartache anymore.

It's hard to see the person you love the most, lose herself over and over again as she succumb to her depression.

It was a never ending battle.

But then I remembered.

How she happily mentioned her Dad to Chaeyoung a while ago at the roof deck as she point at the sky.

How she laughed at the thought of her dad being the biggest star in the sky.

How, for the first time in her miserable life, Lisa was able to finally confessed and let go of those painful memories that she'd been trying to avoid to acknowledge all these years.

This was never easy for Lisa..

She actually, nearly died numerous times going through all of that.

But everything changed when she met Chaeyoung.

And within that span of 2 days, she gave Lisa something so powerful, it gave her the courage to finally accept the painful truths of her past. 

So she can finally be able to acknowledge them and fight for her last thread of sanity..

And maybe if heavens permit, she can live in peace...

Somehow, it gave us a tiny bit of hope that she's actually, finally healing this time..

"I know it will hurt...like a lot.. And I can't guarrantee you if I'll make it this time. But I have to atleast, try right?" If I couldn't make it, then I'll try again next time." Lisa finally said which brought me back to my senses.