Coming Home

"Chaeyoung, you should atleast have some rest. You're exhausting yourself these past few days." Jennie uttered worriedly at me which I responded with a grateful smile.

I'm really thankful for Jennie Unnie's pressence in my life.

It's been exactly one month since the accident happened and in that span of time, Jennie and Jisoo Unnie never left our side.

They even filed for an indefinite leave just to be with us.

I finally heaved a deep sigh and answered the worried woman sitting in front of me.

" I can't rest knowing she's about to wake up any moment now, Unnie." I answered her while staring at Lisa who's still unconcious and in deep sleep.

It's been almost two days since the doctors decided to reverse Lisa's coma since the swelling of her brain finally subsided and healed. She should be awake by now but for some unknown reason, she still haven't.

"Chaeng. That's the reason why you should take more rest."

"Believe me. I'd been there."

"It would be more exhausting once she wakes up." Jennie mumbled which made me look at her with a confused look. She must have sensed my confusion so she answered me right away.

"It's a torture, watching Lisa struggle and recover after the coma. She's always confused and irritable and a little aggressive at anything Chaeyoung."

"She doesn't want help from anyone." Jennie narrated warily as she gave me a cautious look.

"But maybe it will be different this time Chaeyoung."

"Besides that was a long time ago and Lisa was a completely different person that time with all the things she had lost and went through." Jennie mumbled with utmost regret. She then smiled at me as she held my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. An assurance that no matter what happens, everthing will turn out right which I'm really grateful of.
I turned to her an answered with utmost sincerity.

"Unnie all I ever wanted right now is for her to wake up."

"I begged God that I will never ask for anything again."

"Just please let her live."

"That whatever happens in the future, I will accept it with all my heart as long as I know she's alive and well."

"I'll be okay with that Unnie." I mumbled with the cracking of my voice as I gave her a weak smile. Jennie then stood up from her seat and walked towards me and gave me that comforting hug that I never knew I badly needed right now.

For weeks that I had tried to be strong for Lisa, I never realized how badly broken I was inside until I found myself breaking down in her arms as I let all the rage, fear and pain that was slowly consuming me for weeks.

"Let it all out Chaeng. Don't keep it all to yourself. Release it. You don't have to endure this fight alone."

"Your Jisoo and Jennie Unnie are here for you Chaeyoung. Always." she whispered at me which made me cry even more

"I'm just so scared Unnie. I've never been this scared my whole life before." I mumbled almost choking from the sobs that I can't hold back. Jennie held me from her arms as she gently caress my back which somehow gave me comfort.

"I know Sweetie. I know how you feel. I've been there. And I know how terrifying it is that there are no exact words to describe it."

"Jisoo and I, we nearly lost her too many times too."