Therapy Dates

"Babe, what's with the paper and pen?" Lisa asked me quite confused the moment I handed her a piece of paper and her coffee this morning during our usual breakfast at work. I smiled at her as I took out the food Mom had prepared for us earlier.

Sad to say, Alice and I have been replaced in our top spot since I introduced her to Mom.

Lisa is officially my Mom's favorite child now.

"We're going to write down a list of your happy  and painful memories Lisa." I said while intently watching her reaction. Her expression shifted from confused to serious but thankfully, she let out her sincere smile.

"Is this something to do with our healing?" she asked which I responded with a nod while fixing her bangs. Lisa's expressive eyes widened with curiosity and wonder. Her expression suddenly lifts up as she flash her sweet smile.

God she's so beautiful.

We've been dating for months now and still, I always get lost in her mere pressence.

It was not long ago when I was only daydreaming about her, wondering how would it feel to kiss her.

But look at us now.

Were happily dating and we're on our way of becoming a couple.

I wasn't aware that I was already staring at her lips when I heard her whisper at me.

"Stop biting your lips Babe. I might give in and kiss you here in front of everyone." Lisa whispered teasingly which made me blush hard.

"I was also thinking the same thing." I confessed shyly as I shifted my gaze away from her and focus my attention at the paper she was holding. Lisa can't help but smile from ear to ear.

" So uhhmmm.. Yes Babe it has something to do with our healing." I continued, changing the topic as she listen to me with a knowing smirk on her face.

"I want you to write down everything about you.
Your happy and painful memories. Your childhood experience that you want to happen again, your regrets and everything." I said in full details.

Since we're dating now, and I don't want us to do the usual fancy stuff, why don't we do something that will help us heal fully.

Like some type of "Therapy Dates." I stated finally.

"Therapy Date?" Lisa queried.

"Yes Babe Therapy Dates." I repeated smiling.

Remember our first date in the Cafe when I brokedown remembering Dad? You brought me to the parking lot and we danced there, under the starry night like what my Dad and I used to do during our camping trip in Australia.

"When dad died, that became one of my painful memories Lisa. I can't barely look back at any happy memories I had with him."

"But the moment we danced there and kissed, I was able to look back at it with happiness in my heart."

"We can do the same thing by doing what makes you happy before. We can aslo recreate your painful memories into good ones so whenever you encounter it again, it will make you happy this time."

"Like how you can look back at your parents now with out hurting and breaking down."

"You were able to acknowledge it and finally accept it Lili." I narrated as I watch her carefully for she might respond to it differently.