"A Day with the Sneaky Little Devils"

AUTHOR'S POV

"Unnie relax. Stop being all too anxious."

"Everything will be alright between you and Eemo later." Jennie mumbled encouragingly at the older woman who's been constantly fidgeting the entire time they were baking. Jennie took out a new batch of freshly baked cupcakes from the oven and laid it down on the island counter together with the other trays of cupcakes that they already baked earlier.

"Do you think so Jen-Jen?" Irene asked sounding a little apprehensive which the other one responded with a gummy smile.

"Unnie, it's been what? Five years?"

"I guess Eemo really wants to reconcile and rebuild that relationship between you two."

"Besides, she also invited Seul's Family so I'm pretty sure she really meant it when she said she wanted to change and win you back." Jennie chuckled patting her back.

"Well you have a point there Jen. Jeez I'm just nervous cause it's been five years since we last talk. I don't know how I'm going to greet her nor talk to her later." Irene uttered nervously and Jennie finally turned to her and held both of her hands.

"Unnie, people change. You and your Mom may not always see eye to eye on most things but I'm sure she changed for the better. I've seen in it when she finally met Jamie on one of our family gatherings."

"She's so fond of her and I'm sure she'll go crazy once she met your twins."

"She won't even stop asking me about them whenever she got the chance Unnie."

"I guess she's just a little hesitant reaching out to you, fearing that you would never accept her again for all the hurt she brought you." Jennie confessed which softened her demeanor.

"She said all of that?" Irene asked a little teary eyed which the cat-eyed girl responded with nods.

"Yes Unnie. Maybe she misses you so much. And besides, she's dying to meet your kids. Give her a chance. She isn't getting any younger Unnie."

" I don't want you to live in complete regret that you never had a chance to reconcile with your Mom nor your kids met their Halmi." Jennie said in her most dignified tone as she hand her the piping cream at the now tearing up woman.

"Now start frosting our cupcakes before we start crying here." she uttered with light chuckles as she gently wipe the tears that was now welling up in her cousin's eyes which made them both laugh.

"Where the hell is Chaeyoung by the way?"

"She's supposed to be here since she's the one who offered to help me bake these for Mom that's why we all agreed to do it here in their house." Irene uttered jokingly as she looks up and suppress her tears.

"She's in the couch with Lisa, all knocked out." Jennie answered with a knowing smirk and Irene instantly get it.

"You know, it's her birthday yesterday, maybe Lisa did gave her some birthday treat." she started to giggle and looked at their direction.

"Yah, those horny bitches probably wore each other out last night." she uttered with a smirk.

"Yah, Unnie watch your words. The kids might hear it." Jennie uttered seriously as she looks around but her eyebrows furrowed the moment she noticed something.

"Hang on, where are the kids by the way? It's too silent here. Something seems off." she mumbled worriedly as squints her eyes and scan the living room from afar.