"The Chosen One"

AUTHOR's POV

" So it's official."

"Dr. Bae Irene will replace Dr. Shin as the new Dean of College of Business & Economics." all the Faculty were having their respective lunch at the Lounge room when Chae suddenly emerged beaming and brought the good news.

She yelled so loud that the sudden announcement caught everyone's attention and the entire Lounge room suddenly boomed with loud cheers from the Faculty, mostly congratulating and teasing Seulgi over her wife's promotion.

"Yah! My wife is just the Dean, not the freakin President of South Korea for Pete's sake. Stop calling me the First Lady." Seulgi whined groaning from Jeongyeon and Lisa's constant banters as she lightly smack both of them in their heads. Jeongyeon, who was quick enough, was able to dodge the hit. However, Lisa unfortunately, did not.

"Aist. Did you see that guys? Your Excellency is obviously abusing her powers."

"I'm gonna file for grievance against you. Irene will be furious for sure." Lisa yelled dramatically and everyone instantly roared with laughter.

"Too bad, Dean Irene will clearly enjoy bossing you around now, Seul." Jeongyeon sniggered.

"I guess you aren't the mighty Top now."

"My, my, how the tables have turned." Jeongyeon bantered smirking, earning her an eyeroll from her bestfriend.

"From the Top make it drop that's a wap." Lisa sang in her annoying tone while she continuously taps the table

"You fucker." Seulgi mouthed at them but the two crackheads just grinned wickedly, annoying poor Seulgi even more. Their squabbling was suddenly cut off when Tzuyu suddenly butted in, looking so done with three and asked Chae instead.

"How did you know about it Chae? The meeting with the Department Chairs isn't over yet." Tzuyu asked inquisitively while everyone can't help but eavesdrop at the conversation.

"I asked Jihyo Unnie for an update and she discreetly sent me this message." She answered with a proud smirk as she shows them their convo.

"But I thought there's a process for the selection and appointment for the new Dean."

"How come they have already appointed a new one that quick?" Wendy asked looking a little confused and most of the faculty agreed with her.

"Well based on what Jihyo Unnie texted earlier, all the Department Chairs conceded for the promotion to give way for Irene." Chae answered non chalantly and everyone was stunned with what they just heard.

"All Of them?!"

"I mean, I wouldn't be surprised for Jisoo and Jihyo to concede since Irene was their senior. But all the Program Chairs including those Baby Boomers from International Trade & Commerce and Applied Statistics?" Lisa commented in utter disbelief considering that those Program Chairs were in that position even before Irene, Jisoo and all of their friends became one of the Faculty members here.

"Yes, you got it right Bud. Everyone conceded to make way for Dr. Bae." the wide-eyed woman responded beaming.

"Damn. Dr. Shin was really right when she saw Irene's potential, back when we were still students here." Lisa mumbled proudly, reminiscing those years when Dr. Shin stood firmly for Irene, back when Irene's parents kept on belittling her so-called poor choices in life.

"Hey what's the commotion about?" They suddenly heard a sweet voice spoke from the door and everyone turned at her direction. There stood Chaeyoung and Jennie who have just arrived from her class and from the clinic office, both looking all clueless and confused.