"A Mother's Gift"

AUTHOR's POV

"Lisa, what happened?"  Hyeri and Ashley asked petrified and panting the moment they came rushing in the hospital looking all panic stricken. They dropped and left their respective works in Seoul the moment they heard the news. Even Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were both on their way to the hospital right now.

"Lisa.." Ashley repeated calling her attention but the latter was in a deep mess, staring into space while her eyes were bloodshot from the tears that were gushing down her pale face never stopping.

Chaeyoung's Mom was consoling her but the older woman was also at the verge of breaking down as she suppress and swallow all of her sobs, trying to be brave for all of them. Even Jisoo and Jennie were there, fidgeting and walking back and forth, both in a crying mess.

"We were just enjoying the baby shower party that we made for my sister and Rosie was so happy that time when she suddenly started having a hard time breathing and next thing we knew, she lost consciousness and her heart stopped beating." Alice narrated with her voice cracking and trembling as she wipe her tears with her sleeve.

"She was instantly transferred at the operating room the moment she was rushed here. It's past an hour now but the doctor isn't coming out from the operating room yet." She mumbled staring at the operating room door as she unconsciously bit her fingernails. Her hands were both trembling while her eyes can't help but tear up non-stop.

"She suffered from Cardiac arrest Unnie." It was Ashley who answered which suddenly made everyone turned their attention at her.

"Does she have a pulse when the ambulance came?" She asked cautiously and everyone's face fell and the hallway suddenly turned silent and all you could hear was Lisa's painful sobs.

"She barely had her pulse back when Lisa resuscitated her and gave her CPR while the ambulance was on its way." Jisoo answered with her voice cracking.

"What's happening right now Unnie?"

"What will happen to Chaeng?"

"She'll be alright, right?" Jennie pressed the questions never pausing. Her voice trailed off as she wipe her already swollen eyes.

"The doctor is performing emergency perimortem cesarean section right now." Hyeri answered as cautious as possible, trying to avoid them from panicking.

"But Unnie, my wife, she's still on her 8th month." Lisa finally speak.

"Our baby... what will happen to our baby??" She cried as overwhelming fear filled her again.

"Don't worry Lisa, your baby might be born pre-mature but she'll still have a high possibility of surviving."

"Let's just pray that there will be no complication." Hyeri answered encouragingly at the crying woman. She cast her a faint smile feeling sorry and regretful at what Lisa is going through right now.

It was never easy, when both your wife and your baby's life is on the line.

Their world suddenly halted the moment the doctor stepped out of the operating room. He looked worn out and exhausted making everyone tremble nervously as they wait for the doctor's news.

"Doctor, how's my wife?"

"Please tell me she's alright." Lisa uttered with her eyes glistening with tears. She had cried so much but her tears still kept on gushing anyway.