Forgiving Lili

CHAEYOUNG's POV

"Love are we there yet?" Lisa asked her again. Honestly, her girlfriend has been asking her that for almost 3 times already since they left and it's starting to make her nervous. She hasn't told her yet where exactly she's taking her and she's praying that Lisa wouldn't take it negatively.

To be honest she's been secretly preparing for this oppurtunity with Jennie and Jisoo unnie's help.

"We're almost there Love." I answered looking at her direction. Lisa's smiling from ear to ear. She loves the idea of me taking her to a special place for a surprise. But her smile instantly faltered  and changed to confussion the moment we parked outside the Go-Kart Race Track.

She looked at me with her utter confusion and unease.

"Babe please tell me, we are not going there. You know I don't drive." Lisa uttered with trembling voice as panic and anxieties swelled within her.

"Babe please don't get mad. Hear me out first please?" I asked in a pleading tone, too scared that Lisa might take it negatively. They do bicker most of the times but they never really fight as a couple and it would be the first time just in case.

"Love I'm not mad. I was just caught off guard. You should have told me earlier so I could emotionally prepare myself for this one. You know how much of a big deal this is for me right?" Lisa said avoiding her gaze which felt like a prick in her heart.

"Babe I'm sorry. I was wrong on that part. I should have consulted you first. Please don't get mad. I just want what's best for you and I thought this would help you overcome your traumas and fears. And you're right. We should have talk about it like real couples do." I said apologetically. Lisa smiled at me and held my hand..

"I'm not mad Babe. Why would I get mad when all you want is for me to heal and be better." She said smiling which brought me a sense of relief.

"But I was kind of a little hurt that you didn't consult me first. But I do get it Love. You just wanted to surprise me and I really appreciate it with all my heart."

"Tell me, why would I get mad at the person who wants nothing but my happiness and well -being?" She said as she give my hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'm sorry Babe.." I mumbled, leaning closer to her for a hug. She wrap me around with her arms, telling me not to worry about anything.

"We can head back home and just return whenever you're ready Love. You don't need to do this now." I said assuringly but she buried her face in my neck and heaved a deep sigh before she could muster her answer.

"We'll do it now." she answered giving me a weak smile.

"I can't assure you that things would get better but I'll do my best."

"No more running away right?"

"We promised to be better so we can finally heal and move on."

"And I want to be the right person for you Chaeng."

"I don't want you to settle for someone who can't love you whole heartedly just because she can't move on from the ghost of her pasts."

"You don't deserve that." Lisa said sincerely which made me tear up. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like her. But for whatever it is, I'm thankful to God that he brought Lisa into my life.

"I couldn't be more proud of you Lisa." I whispered at her and gave her a kiss in her forehead.

"So, Let's go?" I asked her smiling which she returned with a nod.