"Last Dance"

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

FLASHBACK.
Sometime in April 2020

"Wake up my Little Sunshine."

"Wake up my Rosie.."

A familiar calm voice called me which woke me up from my sleep.

I opened my eyes quite disoriented, looking around the dimly lit room. The continous beeping of machines and monitors besides me is not helping me focus either.

"Where am I?"

I scanned the room again and saw a familiar figure standing there beside me.

"Appa?"

"What are doing here?"

"Where are we?" I asked confused.

"I am here to take you for a walk." The middle aged man smiled at me as he reached for my hand and guide me outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked my dad as we walked along the brightly lighted corridor.

Funny, how this place was so crowded yet I can't hear any single noise from the surroundings.

My dad asked me to sit with him at the bench when we finally reached the end part of the hallway.

"Is this place stressing you out?" he asked calmy, his smile never falters.

"Kind of." I answered grinning.

"Then close your eyes my little Rosie." He chuckles as he wraps his arm around me and placed a kiss in
my forehead like he always do since I was just little.

That's my favorite thing about my dad.

I opened my eyes and gasped in shock and wonder when I saw us, sitting in front of the lake where Dad, Alice and I used to go in a camping trip every weekend, back when we were still in Australia.

"How is it even possible?" I uttered in amazement.

My father chuckled, patting my arm and whispered.

"It's a wonder. How this can lead us to anywhere it desires." He said smiling as he points his chest.

"So this is your favorite place Appa?" I asked.

He smiled and turn his gaze at the stars.

"Always have been. Always will be.." he answered.

"This is where your Mom and I had our first date. We had our first dance here under the wide and starry sky." he chuckles, still staring at the sky.

I looked at him and at the sky and smiled. He's right. This place really is his favorite. We had so many. precious memories here.

"That's so sweet and lovely." I commented as I snuggle closer to my dad.

"Yeah, that's why I always bring you and your sister here. It's our happy place."

He stood up and reach for my hand smiling.

"May I have this dance?" he asked which I returned with giggles.

"Just like the old times Appa?" I said, recalling how me and Alice used to take turns just to have a dance with him back when we were just kids.

I stood up and went closer to my father. His arms gently wrapped around me as we danced slowly under the starry sky.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

"On the day that you were born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue"

He sang beautifuly as we dance.

"That's your Mom's favorite song by the way." he said calmly.

I buried my head in his chest as I pull myself closer to him.

"Why does it feels like I will never see you again  Appa?" I whispered sadly.

He cupped my chin as he made me look at him.

"Sweetheart, you will always have me."

"I will always be here." He said pointing at my chest.

"And if you will miss me, just look at the sky. Look at the brightest star, that would be me." he said smiling.

"What do you mean by that?" I started panicking.

But before he could even respond, I felt a sudden kick of electricity in my chest.

" Clear!" I heard someone yelled.
And then I felt another kick in my chest again as if I was electricuted.

My dad tightened his hug and stared at me lovingly.

"I used to promise your Mom that I will be there for you to be your last dance when you get married."
"But as much as I wanted to, I think I won't be able to make it." he said regretfully.

"Hope this will suffice for everything Rosie." he said smiling as he gave me one last kiss at the forehead.

"What are you saying Appa? Are you leaving us?" I said but another voice yelled again.

"Defibrillators increased to 300 joules!"

"We are losing her Doc!"

"Clear!"

And then I felt a thousand volts kicked in my chest again, draining all the energy left in me.

"The following days will be hard on you my Love. Have faith and be brave." he smiled as he wipe my tears.

"Stars can't shine without brightness my Rosie."

"And if in times your darkness consumes you, remember to look out for me in the sky."

"I'll shine my brightest star for you so you would see the light."

"Tell your Mom and Alice that I love them so much."

He paused then smiled.

"This will be my last gift for you my little sunshine." he said as he gave me one last hug."

He wrapped me around his arms tighter this time and I suddenly felt an unexplainable feeling.

Like my soul has finally found a strength to fight and hold on.

"I love you Rosie. Never ever forget about that."

"Heartbeat returns to normal!" I heard someone yelled again.

I opened my eyes only to see a lot of doctors around me and I instantly succumb to sleep again..

The following days, I woke up alone in the ICU with clear consciousness about my previous dream.

I don't need any explaination from anyone about where my dad is.

I just knew in my heart, he left us forever that day...

End of flashback.