The Ring.

JISOO's POV

"Good morning our dear beloved guests.Welcome to Sol Beach Hotel and Resort." The receptionist greeted the moment we arrived at the resort owned by Dr. Shin's family. Dr. Shin belongs to one of the prominent and richest family here in Samcheok-si in Gangwon Province.

"I am here to personally assist you as per instruction by the owner." The receptionist stated smiling while some of the staffs offered us welcome drinks which we accepted delightedly.

"Thank God, you all got here safe and sound." Dr. Shin greeted warmly the moment appeared on the lobby.

"Come on, you all must be hungry from the travel. We prepared breakfast at the restaurant. The staff will guide you there." she said smiling.

"How's Jennie, dear?" Dr. Shin queried the moment everyone left the lobby and went to the restaurant for breakfast.

"Still not talking to me, Eomma." I uttered sadly which she responded with a smile.

"Well you have to work hard then to woo her over." she said calmly giving me a light pat in my shoulder.

"Take risks and live a little. I didn't raise you to be a wimp, my little one." she chuckled shaking her head.

" And I meant what I told you from the very beginning." she said pausing.

"I don't want to lose my favorite daughter in law." she said as she gave me a knowing smile and left.

——————————————————————————
We finished breakfast earlier than the scheduled time which gave us free time to unpack our things in our designated rooms and rest.

As usual, I get to share a room with Jennie like we always do in every team building and night outs while Lisa and Chaeyoung will share the room next to ours.
It was supposed to be fun but since Jennie and I are not in good terms, the room was filled with awkward silence the entire time.

We just stood there, staring at the king size bed for God knows how long, not knowing what to do.

"I'll just take the couch so you can sleep comfortably here Jen." I said as I turn away from the bed and walk towards the closet to unpack our things.

"Sleep for the meantime,. You haven't had a decent sleep Jendeuk. I'll wake you up later." I said, with my back facing her as I try to keep my distance away from her.

As much as I wanted to turn to her and hug her, I can't.. I need to respect her personal space.

I was brought back to my senses when I felt her warm and gentle arms wrap around my waist and seized me in a back hug.

"Chu.." I heard Jennie mumbled, her face buried on my back. She tightened her hug on me, clinging as if I'm her only source of strength.
We remained in that comfortable position for a long a while, savoring the moment by just feeling each other's warmth.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I said as I broke the silence between us.

"Or do you want to just take a break from avoiding me and forget everything for the meantime?"