Christmas

I smile as I fly with the blond hero. We ended up going to the mall and shopped. I bought some mystery gifts.

"Hey, let me see!"

"No! It's a surprise," I say while getting tickled. "Let me see!"

"N....No, it's a surprise!" "Fine," he says surrendering.

I laugh and hold the bag. "Let's see if you can keep up." Before he can object I fold my wings and fall out the air. "What?!"

"Oh don't be a scaredy-cat now, or shall we say bird!"

"Oh now you've done it!" He follows and I close me eyes as we continue to fall.

"Close your eyes," I begin, "makes it more fun."

"Uh not really in the mood for dying baby bird." I open my eyes to look at the man as I see him still flying above. I fly back up and look at him.

"You're not going to die bird brain! Just close your eyes and feel the air."

"Okay, I'm trusting you." I laugh as grab his hand. "Now, eyes closed. Fold your wings," I pause as we do what I just said, "just let the wind hit your face. And fall!"

I laugh as I fall back. "O-Okay not that bad," he says.

I continue to fall as the wind hits my face. I wrap my wings around myself like a blanket and smile, I missed this.

"NOW!" We both open our wings and land on the floor. He stumbles and I laugh at the man. "Here," I say, "Merry Christmas bird brain." He playfully scoffs and takes the gift. "Do you like it?"

I can see his mouth moving but I don't hear anything. "What?" He continues to talk and begin to panic. I cant hear anything...I CANT HEAR ANYTHING?!

I look around. The cars? The people? The animals? The breeze? I- I cant hear anything.

Then it goes dark. I cant see. I cant hear. I cant feel. I don't know where I am. Help me.

I wake up in cold sweat. I feel around the hard bed of the prison. I rest my face in my hands, why is my face wet? Oh, tears?

I wipe them as I look threw my prison cell. I pull out a feather and feel electricity hit me. "Guess I'm not doing that shit anymore." I sigh and sit in a corner. Merry Christmas to me I guess.