Phase One

What? Oh. I wake up to all the kids laying on me. "WE MISSED YOU!" I laughed. "I missed you too," I said looking at my, still active, shadow guard. "Did they listen?" He nodded. "Your dismissed," I say as he seeps back into the shadows. Havena gets up and looks at me, "Oh by the way bird boy is here." I nod and they all go back to their room. I get up and sigh, "guess todays the day." I walk to my closet and put on a hoodie and some sweatpants, it's only 3pm so I'll have enough time to get my stamina back up. 

  "Took you long enough," Hawks says while he sits at the couch. "Do you not have a home or something, like damn," I say. "Ouch," he says getting up. I laugh and walk to the kitchen. "Oh I already took them out for breakfast," he says. I tilt my head, "You broke into my house and stole my kids?" He nods happily. "I can't," I say laughing.

  The kids come running downstairs and tackle the bird brain, I laugh a little as Hawks motions for me to help him. "Nope you fed them, your problem," I say walking back upstairs. 

-Hawks Pov-

  "Okay, okay I'm dying here," I say as the kids get up and run back upstairs. Ok so, what did I come here to do. Oh right let's hope she doesn't kill me. I walk upstairs and knock on y/n's door. "Come in," she says. I open the door and her room is nothing like I expected. She has a pretty big bed, almost looks custom made, probably for her wings. Her closet is huge and her room is pretty bright. "What are you staring at?" I snap out of my thoughts and look at her. She's sitting on her bed with her wings drooping on her bed. "The hell are you waiting for, sit," she says patting her bed. I take a seat and look around. "What? Something on your mind?" She asks, her voice is unusually soft as I look down. "If don't want to go through with it you do-" I cut her off, "NO! I mean, no that's not it. It's just," I pause and look at her, "are you lying to me?" She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

  "About what?" I sigh, "Your name, I-I looked it up," I pause and look back at the floor, "like really looked it up and there is noting on you." She begins to laugh, "A perk of being a government experiment," she says still laughing. I freeze, "A what?" She looks at me, "Technically, I don't exist. My name is erased from everything. Every book, every social media, every test, everything. I'll explain later," she says. Yeah, you keep saying that. "Hey, can I take you somewhere?" She turns to me and nods, "Sure." 

  "Where are we going?" She's cute- NOPE NOPE NOPE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN! "Hello, earth to birdie." I snap out of my thoughts once again to see her waving her hand in front of my face. "Uh, yeah welcome to my hero agency." She turns around, "Why?" "Because why not." She laughs, that damn laugh. "This way," I say as we make a turn while flying. "Lead the way bird brain." "Kiego," I say hesitantly. She looks at me, "What?" I speak again, "Kiego Takami, my name." She smiles, "Well then, Kiego, lead the way." I feel my heart beat faster as we walk through the door. 

-1st person-

  As we walk in, I feel people stare at me. Weirdos. We go up to his office and I sit on the couch. "Comfy," I mumble. I lay down and a woman walks through the door. "What would you like me do with these?" She a pretty woman wearing a dress I would consider too revealing for work, but you do you. She had coffee in her hands and she basically strutted in the room and glared at me. I rolled my eyes, not another one. Kiego was sitting at a desk and looking for something. "Oh you can give those to her," he points at me. The lady scoffs and walks over to me and bends down, "Here bitch," she whispers. I look around the room. "The fuck are you blind or something?!" I stand up basically towering over her as I glare into her eyes, "I'm just wonder who the fuck you think you're talking to, cause I know it ain't me." She flinches and scoffs. She throws her coffee on me. "Oops," she says sarcastically. This bi- She walks away and I kick her in her leg. She falls to the ground and I press my knee on her back, I bend down to her ear and whisper, "Oops." I let her go and she runs towards the bird brain. "YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET HER DO THAT TO ME?!" I sigh and sit back on the couch. He begins to speak, "I'm not her boss," he pauses, "and I'm not yours anymore." She look confused, "W-what?" He picks up a pink piece of paper, "You're fired." 

   I hold back a laugh as she storms out. "Damn," I say laughing. "She was getting annoying anyways," he says rubbing his temples. I look at my, now dirty, hoodie, "Damn it, I really liked this one." He takes of his jacket and hands me it, "Here." I smile, "Thanks."

-Time skip to back with the Assassins Point-

  "You ready to do this?" I look at all the men sitting at the table, "As I'll ever be." Kavy runs out and hands us costumes. "What are these for?" She turns to me, "Well if you're going to get kidnapped might as well look the part." We look at the costumes, "Really?" She nods. 

 "Are you in position?" I talk into my earpiece, "Yeah already spotted one, he's tracking me." I look at Kiego. We have our arms interlocked as we walk through a club. Someone offers us drugs, we deny and keep trying to draw three guys attention. They are wearing black suits with a red pocket. "Disgusting," I hear him mumble. "How do they not recognize me?" I look at my winged counterpart. "They don't pay attention to hero society, well not anyone under number one." He scoffs. "Kavy you see anything," I whisper. She answers back through the hidden earpiece, "Yep, two guys tailing you." "Alright time to get kidnapped," I say as we walk out. 

  As we walk into the alleyway I hear men laugh. "Well look at what we have here, a pretty girl and oh is that your boyfriend." I put on my best scared girl act and start to shake. "W-what wait no please!" Kiego looks at me and I motion for him to go along with it. He does. One of the guys looks at my wings and I quickly decrease the poison, should take a couple hours to take affect. "Look at this boys they should sell a lot, these wings will at least double our profit," they all creepily laugh. He reaches out for my wing as I flinch. Kiego sloppily tries to stop him and fails. "OW!" I scream as he pulls out one of my feathers. Shit. "Well time to go," one guy begins to release a gas. It knocks out Kiego and I breathe it in. Wait I know this. Well time to put my acting skills to work. I begin to cough and act like the gas is taking effect. I fall to the ground as I feel one guy pick me and place his hand on my ass. HEY WATCH YOUR HANDS BITCH! Well, phase one completed. Time to move to phase two. 

Author J out