Heroes

(A couple hours before y/n's decision)

         I was currently having breakfast with the kids. I order f/f with f/d and the kids got pancakes. "So y/n what did you and bird boy do!?" Ania was excited to learn about why we were out so long. I almost choked on my drink. After coughing for a good 3 minutes I regain myself and explain. "Well, we went to go capture those guys who were going to do bad things to you," I said hesitantly. They all smiled and nodded and Fuji spoke up. "I bet you kicked those guys butts!" I laughed and patted his head. "Yeah I bet you did too y/n!" Ania agreed. Havena nodded in agreement with her younger siblings. We finished eating and I paid the bill. It was a good cafe I'll probably be back another time. As we were walking out I bumped into a woman. Not again.

   "You," she said coldly. "Me," I mimicked her tone. She huffed and rolled her eyes. "Hey, why don't you three take this," I whispered as I pulled out the red feather I took out the freezer after a couple of minutes, "Take this and go over there just say something like 'y/n needs help'," I whispered to the kids. They nodded and Havena grabbed the feather and walked away. I looked back at the lady who seemed to be waiting for an apology of sorts.

   "Ma'am I suggest you go mind your damn business," I said sternly. She started to get agitated as her eyes turned a purple hue. My head began to throb but I stood unfazed. I secretly used my shadow and wrapped around her feet. "You're starting to feel the affects of my quirk," she said. I smiled creepily as she started to struggle moving her feet. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" I switched to my innocent persona. "Little ole me? I didn't do a thing," I paused and looked up to see a red feather fall, "Nothing that you could prove anyway," I whispered leaning towards her ear. The bird brain swoops down and delivers his  'I'm a hero and I couldn't help but notice blah blah' speech as the woman plays the innocent act again. "Look at what she did!" I grumble as she points to her feet. "SHE DID SOMETHING TO MY FEET!" She tries to show her being stuck by leaning forward and falls to the ground as I release my quirk. I hold back a laugh as Hawks looks at me. I shrug my shoulders as the kids come running up to me.

   "Y/N LOOK WE DID IT!" They all say and point to the birdie. I smile and bend down to look at the woman. "Well," I begin, "If you want help up I suggest you ask the hero over there, but other than that I'll be leaving to go deal with my kids," I say putting on an innocent facade. She scoffs and turns away. I leave her on the ground and walk away. "WAIT!" Suddenly I feel a hand on my right wing. Damnit. I turn around and quickly manipulate some shadows around the Hawk's cut. "We need to go now," I say and pick up the children and we both fly back to my house. "What's happening?" I turn around to see him flying sloppily. "You feel dizzy I presume," I say as I fly over him to create a shadow. He nods. "Good," I pause and keep the cut in the dark, "we still have at most 3 minutes." "W-what do you mean," he stutters. "Poison," I say. His wings start to falter. DAMNIT!  "You're doing good okay," I say trying to keep the kids from falling.

   A scream. I look below me to see him falling out of the sky. This is going to be a pain the ass. I grip Ania and Fuji tighter in my arms as Havena holds around my wings as she rest on my back, I'm careful to keep my wings away from her. I quickly dive down and disperse feathers to slow his fall. "SHIT!" I hear him curse. I groan and use my shadow to reach for him. He stops right before falling to the ground and I land. We are at least a block from the apartments and the poison is setting in fast. "Kids run to the house and lock the door!" They start to run, "LISTEN TO HAVENA!"

   I set the bird brain down and begin the pull the soft feathers from my wings. "I told you not to touch bird brain," I say sternly. He gives a weak laugh. I scoff and place the feathers on his cut hand. The poison starts to get sucked back into the feathers and my midnight blue feathers turn into the grungy black. I remove the feathers and move his hand around. "Can you move yet?" He gets up and I fall back onto the sidewalk. I sigh and place my hands on my head. "I'm sorry." "Excuse me?" I sit up after hearing him apologize. I can't help but feel bad at the thought of what just happened. "Why are you sorry? You didn't know," I say simply. "I know but still-" I cut him off, "You know these people I used to work with had this saying," I pause think of it, "I think it was 'ad meliora'." He tilted his head. "Towards better things," I say, "You don't have to be sorry and we can just move on." We both smile as he helps me up.