Blank

-Hawks' Pov-
I groan and grab myself up. I don't remember much, my hand hurts and I open my eyes slowly.

"Wh-Where am I?"

The door of the room I'm in begins to open.

"Y/n?" A h/c haired girl walks in, "Oh you're awake."

"What's happening?" She walks over with a blank look on her face and sets down some bags, "Do you remember anything?"

"No. What's happening," I demand. She looks up at me, "That's good, you shouldn't remember. As for what's happening," she begins, "you'll be fine for the most part. The kids are playing in the living room, I should go tell them your awake."

"Why are you so blank?! What is happening y/n?! Tell me," I try and stand up only for her to push me back down.

"I said I'll tell the kids you're awake, stay." She turns around and my eyes widen, what happened to her wings?

-Y/n Pov-
I walk out to the kids, "You can go in now. Remember what I said."

"Yes ma'am."

I walk over to the kitchen and hum to myself. A couple minutes go by and I hear steps coming from the room. I look up from my cutting board.

"I thought we went over this," I say looking at the walking hero.

"Tell me whats happening," he drags himself over to the counter, "now!" His hands slam onto the he counter and I flinch, hard.

"Ha.....I don't know what to say," I look back down at my cutting board, "you're okay and that's all that matters to me."

"You're avoiding the question. Where are we y/n? And what the hell happened to your wings?"

I move them, a sigh escapes my mouth, "He's dead."

"Who- what did you do?"

I stab the knife into the board piercing through it, "What I had to, to protect the people I care about."

"Are you saying you care about me," he teases.

"Are we going back to this? I'm regretting giving up my feathers for you...."

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Stop screaming. Your injuries were bad, it took a lot more than I expected, but you're okay now and as I said that's all that matters."

"What about you?" I sigh, "Most if not all of my used to be healing feathers are gone. But I guess that shouldn't be bad eh? My profession involves killing so what would I need healing feathers for," I feel my vision get clouded with tears, "doesn't make sense now does it? For an assassin to want to heal. It's just- It was the only thing that reminded me that I wasn't as bad as the world thought I was. But that's not true now is it. A killer, a bad daughter, someone who murdered their own father and for what? Some thought of the perfect family."

I look back up at Kiego, "The thought of a family better than my own.... Japan is probably wondering where their number three hero went. I suggest you get back in the spotlight, I'll be-"

I get cut off by the unexpected, a kiss.

I melt into it and then pull away wiping my tears, "Why would you-"

"I care for you too." I cant do this... not after everything that happened. I cant do something like this, he's going to get hurt and it'll be my fault.

-3rd Pov-
"What are you thinking now y/n?"

"I'm going to drag you down! I cant have someone else do this for me!" At this point y/n was sobbing trying to keep everything together.

Despite better judgment Hawks rushed over to the crying woman and embraced her. "I didn't have time to-"

"It's okay, it's okay, Im fine." Y/n fights to get away eventually stopping and tears falling from her eyes.

After a minute or two, y/n's crying ceases and she feel smaller arms wrap around her.

"Kids?" They all smile looking up at her and she hugs them as well. Hawks looks at y/n and wipes her tears, "Are you okay now?" The kids run off.

"Y-Yeah, just a bit of crying. But as I said you need to let the people know you're okay. News of me escaping has already gotten out, thank god they don't have any pictures of me... heroes stupid as ever."

"But I'm an exception right?" Y/n glances at Hawks and smirks, "I called you bird brain for a reason didn't I?"

"Ouch."

"We are at a facility made by the Assassins Point, it's a burner house incase one of us got into something we couldn't get out of. For now I haven't been able to contact them, probably for the better. The League is still doing what they do. And right now, this house is making me itch," Y/n says while stretching her wings.

"What's going to happen to you?" She turn back to Hawks and quirks an eyebrow, "Well, Nightlock is no more.... But that's not all I am."

Hawks sits down on a barstool and looks down thinking, "Can you tell me what your dad did?"

"He threatened you, the reason you're as beat up as you are, he threatened the kids and even wanted me to kill you," she pauses, "which I didn't, be glad. He used the League to get me, destroyed my image at the Assassins Point. What didn't he do," she sighs.

"Well we're all okay now, and he's gone. Forever, I'm just worried about how to play this off," Hawks mumbles.

"The number three hero, captured! Makes it out alive using his extraordinary combat skills," y/n says dramatically.

"Might take that," he pauses and contemplates, "so what are we?"

"We are farmers," y/n exclaims. "I'm serious....." and then he proceeds almost snorts and falls down.

After the laughing fit y/n shrugs, "Whatever you want to be." And his face light the fuck up.

"Calm down, your basically emitting happiness it's killing me...." And then she notices something, y/n grabs the man's face.

"Are you on drugs, why are pupils so dilated?" And now you have a flustered Hawks, "I can't control that..."

"Well I know you can't control pupil dilation, but why are they so dilated," she continues to examine his face, "weirdo."

His blush deepens, and he land for arms causing y/n to smile.

"If you wanted another kiss, you could've just said that," he teases. Y/n lets go and stumbles back, "I hate you."

"You love me."

"Tch."

Author J Out