Assassins Pride

(1st pov)

   "Where are going?" I turn to the bird brain. We have been flying for at least 20 minutes. I left the kids at home and create a shadow guard in case they needed any help. "You know those people I mentioned," I pause as I spot a building, "well, someone is trying to take my spot." "So what are you going to do?" He asks as we land next to the building. "Remind them who the fuck I am," I say as we walk in. I pull him to the side and pin him against a wall. 

  "Don't say my name. Nothing personal. If they ask you a question keep quiet," I say sternly. He looks at me, "I think I know how to handle some villains," he says cockily. I sigh, "Just do as I say, and maybe I'll think about the hero thing." He nods, "You got it boss." We walk up to the front desk. The building is at least 30 stories. Dim lit and has only receptionist at the front desk. She's a tall blonde with glasses. I walk over to her. "Hello, how can I help you?" I lean over the desk, "Room 34, make it quick," I say. She looks at Hawks, "And how about you?" He says nothing. She smiles and leads us to an elevator in the back.

  "Have fun miss Nightlock," she says fixing her glasses. "Thank you agent A," I say as the elevator door closes. We start to go down. "Who was that?" I look at the birdie who seems to be standing uncomfortably. "Agent A," I answer simply. "I mean her name." I shake my head, "I don't know. Everyone here is given a nickname. Hence why I am Nightlock. She is given the name agent because she isn't an assassin but, I wouldn't underestimate her," I explain. "Oh," he says. "Put this on," I say handing him a badge. "Why?" "You sure do ask a lot of questions. The badge is so you don't get kicked out. If they ask for your name just say your with me." He nods and puts on the badge. "You seem to have a lot of power here." I laugh, "I do." 

  The elevator opens and a room full of various types of people stare. "Walk," I whisper. As we walk through the crowd they move out my way. The room is lit beautifully. There's crates everywhere and in the center is a table, a big table with the leaders of this place seated at it. And there I see him, in my seat. "What's happening?" Hawks says and I see him move a couple of feathers. "Stop talking," I say quickly and I catch his feathers, "Don't." 

  "OH! Nightlock it's so good to see you again," the man says. "You know why I'm here Pois." His smile quickly fades, "W-what do you mean?" I sigh and send a feather straight to his neck. No one moves and he laughs. "I was waiting for you to return," he says. He makes his arms into blades and runs at me. I sigh and use my arm to counter his, causing a cut to open up. I push him to the floor and bend his arm back while he is pinned down on his stomach. He deactivates his quirk as I press my knee on his spine. I look at Hawks and smile, "Welcome," I pause as I let Pois up, "to the Assassins Point." Everyone in the room starts to laugh as Hawks lets out a breath. 

  "The hell was that?" I look at Hawks, "A formal greeting." He looks confused, "You'll get it later." I walk to the table and sit at the head of the table. Hawks stands to my right. "So, what did you call me here for," I say to the men sitting at the table. "You know of a group called Dureandal?" I shake my head as he slides me a folder. I pick it up and my jaw drops. "They're disgusting," a man sitting next to me says. I nod in agreement. "Look at this," I say handing the folder to Hawks. "This is what they do?" I nod. Inside the folder was pictures of grown men transporting teenagers and young adults into a van. The other pictures had them testing out a serum. "How do we stop this?!" I motion for him to quiet down. "That's what we are getting to," the man from before says. His name is agent W, our healer and personal spy. "We need Nightlock," he pauses, "to get captured." Hawks slams his hand on the table, "YOU CAN'T EXPECT HER TO DO THAT! I MEAN LOOK AT THESE PEOPLE!" Everyone sighs and I stand up. 

  "I will do it," I say simply. A girl, her name is Kavy, stands up and walks over to me and whispers in my ear. "You want him to join?" She nods. I sigh and look at him, "Wanna help an assassin?" He looks away and then turns back to me, "I'm in." "GOOD!" Kavy says in excitement. I turn to her and tilt my head. "Your both attractive so this should work," she says happily. I laugh and Hawks blushes at the compliment. "So how we doing this?" I ask sitting back in my chair. Kavy speaks up, "Well, it has been reported of a lot of missing people taken from here, so we can only assume that is their main taking point," she says showing me a picture of a alleyway. "We get report of these, but there's no evidence left for us to do anything with," Hawks pauses and looks at the small girl, "How did you get this?" I smile, "Meet Kavy our personal CSI and technologist," I say, "We are not just a random group of people. We have goal birdie." He gulps and I turn to agent W, "When?" "Tomorrow meet back here at 7pm." I nod and look at everyone, "Dismissed," I say and everyone leaves. 

  "Who's the leader of them?" I look at Hawks and smirk, "a certain winged assassin." He laughs and we fly back to my house. "So how'd that happen?" I turn to him with a serious face, "I had to kill my own mom." He gulps, "W-what?" I burst out laughing, "You are so gullible, I was voted in by the other people at the table," I say laughing. "O-oh." 

Author J out