•13•

It's dark... so very dark...

"Hello? Is there anyone there?" I call out into the abyss.

My voice echos. No answer. There's no one here with me. I guess I'm all alone in this dark place. Wait... How did I get here?

Oh yeah... I was eaten. Is this what death is? I guess heaven doesn't exist after all. I'm just stuck in the darkness. Will it be like this forever?

I feel hot tears streaming down my face. But that's not the only thing that's hot. My arm is steaming where it was cut off by the Titans teeth.

The darkness subsides and I see that I'm attached to some sort of muscle or tendon. I move my hand and then I realize that I'm in control... of a Titan.

B-but how? Well I know Eren did this, but what about the others who were eaten by Titans. They're all just gone... Why can Eren and I control these things? How does it work?

I focus on the position I'm in and realize I can see now. I'm seeing through the eyes of a Titan. So this is what it's like inside a Titan.

My eyes scan around. I'm not where I was before. I guess the Titan that ate me had run off away from the others.

I walk around and look for anyone I recognize. I also have to be aware of my surroundings because only the 7 cadets know that this is the Titan that ate me.

I can see my brown hair hanging around my face, this should indicate that I have taken control over the abnormal that ate me

The buildings around me all look the same. I spot the HQ building that we had cleared out, that means I need to head over there and maybe the others are still in the area.

Or they left? They need to get Eren to a medic or something. When I was eaten he was still unconscious.

My legs feel heavy and I can see the buildings shake as I take each step. I turn a corner and see two Titans wandering around aimlessly.

I pick up my speed and lift my fist up. This is easier to do than I thought. Controlling this large body feels natural.

My fist connects with one of the Titans heads. It rips it clean off from the neck and I watch the head roll across the dirt ground.

Wow, I have a lot of strength. The other Titan grabs onto my waists and I bring my elbow down, smashing its head in. I then dig my nails into the nape and rip

The Titan falls limply to the ground. Okay, come one Sophie. You have to find one of the cadets that saw you get eaten.

I get closer to the HQ building and try to spot any cadets. At this point I don't care who it is. Where is everyone? Did they just leave? I can't blame them I guess.

"Hey!" A voice draws my attention. Next to my face, on top of a building, I see Armin. His eyes slightly widened in fear. He's scared. "Sophie!"

I face my body towards him. Next to Armin is Reiner and Jean. I guess the others took Eren away, hopefully to get checked out. Will they tell anyone what happened? To him and me?

"I know you're in there you princess. Don't even think about attacking us," Jean taunts.

I grunt, trying to respond. Titans can't talk... Even if there's a human occupant. Jean and Reiner have their blades out, ready to defend themselves if needed.

Behind them I see a Titan walking through an alley right next to the building they're on. It reaches up to grab Armin, so I throw my fist up to cover my face and kick my right leg out. My foot connects with its chest and it flies back.

The three of them turn and look at it. Knowing it's still alive, I walk over to it and pick the Titan up, ripping its head off where the nape is.

Now it's dead. Soon, I see five or so Titans running at us. Jean, Reiner, and Armin hold onto their blades, ready to fight again.

I shake my head at them. I don't want them putting themselves in danger for me. I'll fight for them now. My feet collide with the ground as I run.

The Titans charge at me as well and I jump into the air, turning my body horizontally, knocking them all over.

I get up and stomp one of their heads into the ground. Another attaches to my leg and bites down. One more takes my arm and tries to pull it off.

The pain isn't that bad, so I can manage still. My left hand is free so I grab at the one pulling on my arm and rip it off.

As soon as that one is off, two more attach onto my back. I fall forward and they swarm on top of me. I hear Jean and Armin yelling.

"Sophie! Get up!" Armin screams.

Easier said than done...

I feel their teeth dig into my skin, causing me to scream. It comes out as a roar, just like Erens did. One of the Titans bites at the back of my neck, causing an opening.

Light floods into the place I am trapped in. My body is still attached to the weird muscle type things, so I can't run. I'm not longer in control of the Titan though.

"Sophie hold on," Jean yells from my right. He's on a building, but jumps down and slices at the tendons that are connecting me to the Titan.

He grabs onto my waist and then we fly up onto a building. Jean stumbles and we both fall, but he turns onto his back so I don't hit the roof.

I collapse onto his body and try to catch my breath. My muscles are on fire and I feel like I was just lifting 2 tons of meat.

"Sophie, Jean, are you okay?" Armin crouches next to us.

"I don't know," I look up at him.

Jean groans and I turn towards him. His face is right in front of me. I feel his breath on my face and I can see his brown eyes up close.

"S-sorry," I push myself off of him. That's all the strength I have though. My muscles give out and I roll over onto the roof and feel my eyes begin to close.

"Stay awake princess," Jean sits up. "We gotta go."

"Mhmm, I know."

I try to lift my head off the roof, but it's no use. There's no strength left in me. Jean sighs and scoops me up into his arms.

"We gotta stop doing this Sophie," he scoffs at me. I lean my head on to his chest and let out a small and light laugh.

"Come on," Armin calls ahead of us. "We have to get out of here."

"Yeah yeah," Jean sighs. "Guess I'll be carrying you back like old times."

"Thank you," I feel us take off. "Don't drop me..." My eyes begin to close again, this time I fall asleep.

I hope Jean, Reiner and Armin will be okay without me. I just need to rest for now. I trust them to get us back safely.