•02•

It's all gone...

Peoples lives are being taken as we speak. Houses are crumbling. Kids are becoming orphaned. How did this happen?

My moms screams haunt my mind... it's all I'm hearing. Not the yelling of people around us. Not the ragged breath coming from Hannes. Just my mom's final screams.

"Dammit stop!" Hannes yells at Eren who's trying to break free.

"You son of a bitch! We could've saved her! We almost had her out! Why did you come?! Why did you have to come!?"

Eren hits Hannes over the head with his fist. I watch as Hannes throws Eren to the ground. Mikasa wiggles out of his arms right after and runs to help Eren.

"Look," Hannes walks over to them. "There's nothing you could've done, you understand? You're a kid, you're weak."

Eren gets up and swings at Hannes. Hannes easily grabs my brothers arm.

"When push came to shove, I was too frightened to hold my ground," Hannes keeps a hold of Erens arm as he speaks. "Your mother died because im a damn coward."

Hannes has tears running down his face as he stands back up and takes Eren's hand as they walk. "I'm sorry."

Mikasa looks back at me and I hurry and follow them. Slipping my hand into hers quietly. We look at the houses where we are. Nothing is damaged over here. Expect the occasional boulder that managed to get this far from that Titan kicking the wall.

We arrive at the ferry; where crowds of people are shoving and yelling, trying to get either themselves or their loved ones on one of the boats.

"No personal belongings, we need to leave as much room as possible!" A guard yells as he tosses someone's bag into the water.

I hope Armin is okay...

We stand in line to get on the boat and soon we are ushered onto the ferry. People continue to scream, but I'm too shocked to care right now.

"Come on, they're heading right for us!" Someone yells in the distance.

People are whispering to themselves all around us. I sit next to Eren and a stranger. My body is shaking and I feel a lump in my throat as the effects of everything overwhelm me at once.

"We're going to die..."

"Someone help us..."

"This isn't real..."

They begin to lift the ramp onto the boat. People argue and try to jump in, but fail. I feel the boat move and take off towards safety.

Cannons go off and I hear explosions. Should I look to see what's happening? Or should I stay sitting down and ignore my surroundings. I'm scared... I want my mommy....

Did dad make it out? Is he okay?

My thoughts are interrupted by loud thuds. It sounds like a large Titan, like the one from before. I can't see it though, so it must be something else.

The thuds becomes louder and more rapid... like someone running. I grab onto Erens arm and lean into his shoulder.

I wince at every loud sound...

I look up and see where the gate used to be. A large Titan has broken through it. There's no shutting the gate anymore. It's completely breached.

The Titan that broke through looked more...real... than the other small ones. It also seemed stronger and had thicker muscles... like armor.

I close my eyes and grip tighter onto Eren's arm. He is shaking as well. The only one who looks reasonably fine, is Mikasa. I know she's hurting though. She just knows how to mask her feelings well.