•90•

~BACK TO PRESENT TIME~

"Where are we going?" I ask Levi as he leads me over to the stables where I find everyone else getting ready to leave.

"Eren said he identified the man in his vision," Levi takes hold of his horses reigns while looking over at me. "We're going to go pay that man a visit."

Commandant Sadie's...?

Hange walks over to us as I mount my horse, putting my feet in the stirrups and adjusting myself to a more comfortable sitting position.

"Sadies was the 12th commander of the Scout Regiment, and Commander Erwin's predecessor. It's been a long while since I've seen him..." she smiles.

"I'd rather not see that man again..." Sasha mutters from behind us. "He was so cruel... and scary."

"Got that right," Jean laughs. "Dude head-butted me on the first day there."

"That's because you were going on about how amazing the MP's were and that you wanted to join them," I give him a pointed look. "He was just trying to knock some sense into you."

Jean rolls his eyes at me and sticks his tongue out playfully. My lips turn up into a smile, but it's cut off when Levi orders us to move out.

~

I grip the leather reigns as we travel towards the training camp. Bodt has been needing to go on a long trip, so I guess this is as good for her as it is for us.

Once we arrive at the camp, we locate our mystery man and Eren decided to take lead in the conversation, approaching the intimidating figure.

"Commandant Sadies..."

The tall man turns, his eyes sunken in from years of leading the Scouts. Just like before, just one stare seems to shake me to my core.

I glance to my right and find Sasha hiding behind Jean, probably remembering her first interaction with him.

It's been a while since we've seen him, but I'm not surprised she's still scared. I stand behind Levi and Eren, next to Armin.

"We have some things we'd like to discuss," Levi steps forward.

"Alrighty then," Sadies grumbles and leads us to a building where we can sit down and have our much awaited conversation.

We take our seats, but Sasha decided she was going to stand, her face showing only fear. Who can blame the poor girl, Sadies made her his personal enemy during training.

"What's the matter Braus? Not gonna sit?" Sadies eyes her carefully.

"No! I'm quite fine standing here, sir!" She states without looking over at him, her voice shaky.

I turn my attention back to the Commandant, sitting between Jean and Armin at the table. My palms are a little sweaty from the pressure of being around Sadies, but I wipe them off on my pants.

"Let's see," he mutters. "If I recall, back in the day, I'd call you guys in here a lot, when I was about to chew you out. It's only been a handful of months... and yet, I barely recognize you kids."