•65•

I left Jean around ten, heading to my own room to go to sleep. It's now morning and the sunlight peaks through the window, falling on my face.

With a sigh, I stand up and change into my uniform, pulling my long hair into a pony tail. Grabbing my jacket off the chair, I leave my room.

"Breakfast!" Sasha runs past me.

I laugh to myself and watch her fly down the stairs to the dining hall. I make my way down the steps as well, finding Eren at the bottom.

"Hey," he smiles at me. "How was patrol yesterday?"

"Oh you know," I sigh. "Pretty lame. Some of the people are cool though."

"Yeah I met the blonde one. Oh what was her name," Eren looks up and scratches his head.

"Elizabeth?" I groan.

"Yeah! She came by last night and I found her roaming the halls," he begins walking towards the dining hall.

"What did she want?"

"She was looking for Jean, said she had something to discuss with him, so I told her where his room was. The way she was talking about him, I think she might have a crush on that idiot. How does he get such a hot chick falling for him? I almost didn't tell her where he was, but I figured I owe him for saving us from Reiner and Bertholdt."

"Should've just told her to go back to her own room," I roll my eyes.

"Why do you care?" My brother looks at me curiously.

"I just don't like her," I laugh. "No other reason than that."

"Makes sense," he shrugs. "She seemed a little off. Kind of had crazy eyes."

I laugh and walk through the dining hall entrance, taking a plate off the table and filling it with eggs and
bread. I never have an appetite for breakfast, but I need to eat something since I only had that salad last night.

Eren and I sit with Armin and Mikasa at the table closest to the large wall of windows. I glance outside and see some guards pulling weeds in the courtyard.

"Do you guys have any duties today?" Armin questions.

"I have to help clean the bathrooms," Eren contorts his face into disgust. "I think it's my punishment from Captain Levi."

"Punishment for what?" Mikasa asks.

"Oh..." Eren laughs softly. "I may have ran into him with a bucket of dirty mop water yesterday."

"Of course you did," I take a bite of my bread and roll my eyes. "I don't know if I have anything today, no one has told me."

"I'm working with the horses and grooming them," Armin smiles proudly.

"Can you see if Bodt is there? I haven't seen her since we were taken and I want her back," I frown.

"Yeah, I'll check!" He beams.

"What about you Mikasa?" I look at the black haired girl who's picking at her grits.

"Oh, I'm helping with the food prep for dinner," she lays her fork down on her plate.

I wonder why no one has given me a job for today? Maybe I'll go find one of the squad leaders or something.