•59•

~FLASHBACK~
Pt.1

"Alright Cadets," Sadie's stands before us as we all are huddled in a circle under the falling snow. "We're testing your endurance of the cold. You get to keep your boots, your undergarments, and gloves. Other than that, I want you all to strip down and see whoever can get the farthest away from camp before giving in. If you tap out, you will be marked down. The top three winners will get a nice hot soak in a barrel. Go ahead and start."

"Is he serious?" Ymir scowls. "This is insane."

"Just don't do it and give the rest of us a chance to win," Reiner laughs and starts taking off his shirt.

Reiners very fit for his age. Comparing him to Eren makes me laugh. Reiner looks like a full grown ox, while my brother looks like a stick bug.

I frown and begin to take off my large insulated coat, setting it on the side of the wood fence. Beside me, Marco and Sasha start removing their clothes as well.

Self consciously, I pull of my thermal long sleeve, leaving me in my black bra. I untuck my pants from my boots and pull them off, my right hand on the fence supporting my body as I try to balance.

"Smart," Marco points at my shoes. "You don't have to take your boots off now."

"Perks of them giving me a size too large," I laugh and remove my beanie.

"Son of a bit--!"

I turn around and find Jean in his underwear, his pants tangled around his ankles. He's laying in the white snow, face down.

"Come on dude," Marco walks over to his friend and tries to help him up.

"Lookin good Jaeger!" Reece walks up to us and eyes my exposed body.

"Don't look at her like that!" Armin stands in front of me with his hands spread out

"Easy there Armin," Reece laughs. "She likes the attention."

I roll my eyes, ignoring the idiot and starting my journey away from the camp, feeling the goosebumps grow across my body. Annie is in the lead, Ymir just behind her. Looks like the girls are tougher since I find Mikasa just behind me with Mina next to her.

I look farther back and find Reiner, Bertholdt, and Eren. Everyone else is still trying to get their clothes off.

My pace picks up into a jog trying to keep my muscles loose and body warm as I make my way through the falling snow.

My nose turns numb and I feel snot on my upper lip. I quickly wipe it away and pant as I trudge through the snow.

It's been ten minutes and I see that most have given up and went back to camp. It's now just Annie, Mikasa, Reiner, Eren, Marco and Jean. Ymir left when Christa decided she'd had enough.