•84•

(NOT EDITED)

~Flashback~
1 month into Historias reign

"Tell me something Soph," Sasha drops her head onto my lap as we sit out in the courtyard. "Are you and Jean doing the dirty?"

"Sasha," I look down at her with disappointment. "No we are not. Please stop asking, specifically around Eren. Those two have been fighting non stop since Eren found out about Jean and I. It's exhausting having to keep them from killing each other."

"You'll tell me when you lose it to him though, right?"

"Of course. You'd be the first person I'd tell," I tap her nose with my index finger.

"Better be," she sits up and spins around in a circle, her beautiful auburn hair shines in the sun light. "Well I'm going to go help the kitchen, see you at dinner."

"Bye Sash," I wave as she heads back into the dining hall.

We're staying at a small camp in wall Sina right now. We've been trying to regroup and prepare for our expedition to seal up the wall in my hometown.

"Hey brat," Levi stands over me, blocking the sunlight.

"Captain, what do I owe the pleasure," I laugh lightheartedly. "I thought you'd be with Historia in Mitras dealing with government stuff."

"I came back to see if everyone was settling in and doing their fair share around this place before the orphans get here," he eyes me with his arms crossed. "Looks like you're slacking off."

"Not at all," I stand and lean against the tree. "Just on a break from cleaning the warehouses out."

"What's your other half doing?"

I squint at him, not knowing who he's talking about. It could be Eren, my literal other half, Sasha because she's my best friend, or even Jean because we are romantically involved.

"That idiot brother of yours, where is he?" Levi clarifies.

"Oh, he's with Armin and Jean in the dining hall, setting up the tables and stuff," I point into the building beside us.

Levi starts to walk inside, I go to follow after since I'm curious as to how it's coming along. As Levi puts his hand on the door, I leave the tree, feeling my body wobble.

Not again....

~Flashback~

"Sophie..." my dad whispers at the side of my bed. "Wake up... I need your help."

"With what dad?" I rub my eyes, looking over at the other bed and seeing Eren passed out.

"Just follow me," he takes my hand and I hop out of the bed, following dad outside and towards the cellar.

"The truth is in here Sophie," he points. "Soon you'll know the truth about everything. I need you to protect Eren, just like you have been doing."

"Dad are you sleep walking?" I laugh nervously, not sure as to why he's taken me here or what he's saying.

"No sweetie... Promise me you'll do your best to survive this. I really wanted you to be the one with the power... but the future is a crazy place. You understand right?"