•14•

My eyes open and the sun shines right into them. I close my eyelids again, shielding them from the sun. Next to me I can hear Reiner and Bertolt talking.

I don't sit up just yet, but I know that I'm laying on the ground, a jacket being the only thing under me. There's commotion going on near me, I look over and see Marco holding a guard who has his blades drawn.

Just what the hell is happening? How and when did I get back inside the wall? Are the others okay? Eren? Mikasa? Where did Armin go? I thought he was with us?

My head pounds against my skull, I feel the tightness of my muscles as I try to sit up. Nothing seems to feel good in my body.

Sasha is behind yelling about how her stomach is hurting. I rub my head and glance over to Jean. He has a pained look on his face. I think he's pondering something. Probably a stupid thing, knowing him.

No one has noticed I'm awake yet. I think about sitting up, but the moment the thought enters my head, Jean begins talking. I relax and hear what he has to say. I close my eyes again.

"Well the order to keep our mouths shut makes perfect sense now. As if the situation isn't bad enough. If they knew about Eren... wait do they know about Sophie?"

Eren? Jean knows something...

I sit up to ask him about Eren, but as I move, the sound of a cannon goes off. What was Jean talking about? What happened after I fell asleep?

"Cannon fire?" Reiner exclaims. He was leaning against a wall, but now he's out in the street looking up.

"But why just one shot?" Jean questions, joining Reiner.

"Look, smoke!" A cadet points at the wall.

I stand, not worried about how sore I am anymore. What is going on? I look up at the wall and see a large cloud of smoke.

"It's inside the wall!" A soldier yells. People begin to panic, but most stay composed.

"Did it bust down the water gate?" Someone asks.

"I'm possible! It's the sturdiest part of the whole wall!"

"Maybe they set off a shell by accident?"

"But then why is there so much smoke?"

I walk closer to the others who are also looking up at the wall. My heart is racing. I'm even more lost than everyone else. I don't even know what day it is anymore.

Reiner takes out his anchor guns, ready to take off.

"Not now. Is that Titan steam?" Jean stares. Reiner and the others head towards the wall, leaving Jean and I. "Hey!"

Both Jean and I follow behind. He looks over at me, his face surprised. I guess no one had realized I had woken up. I can't blame them due to everything going on right now.

"Oh you're awake..." he glances at me.

"Y-yeah. What's going on?" I ask as we run across the roofs of the buildings to get closer to the wall where the smoke is.

"Uh... well - you see..." he scrunches his eyebrows trying to find words.

"Spit it out!" I growl.

"Eren... uh- Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are being held at gun point by the Garrison. They know about him and they aren't too happy about it..." he frowns.

"What?" I clench my fists.

"But they don't know about you. I mean the seven of us do, but I don't think anyone else does. So don't go saying anything, okay?"