•47•

~flashback to HQ ~

"Hey Miche," I call up to the tall man standing by our table in the dining hall.

"What's up?" He looks down at me.

"I want to go running early in the morning. Do you think you can let me out before sunrise? If not it's okay, I know that's kind of early."

"No it's not a problem at all," he smiles. "See you at the break of dawn."

"Thank you," I say as he turns away and walks towards Team Levi's table.

My fork stabs into a cooked carrot and I bring it to my mouth. Beside me Sasha finishes up her last bite of food and across from me Connie is seeing how fast he can chug his cup of water.

"Why are you going for a run? Shouldn't you be resting before the big misson in a couple of days?" Jean asks me as he sits beside Connie.

"Well actually the opposite," I shrug. "Staying active keeps my mind sharp."

"I see," he nods his head in understanding.

Continuing to eat my dinner, I ponder over the mission that we are leaving for the day after tomorrow. I'm nervous since this is a test run of the formation we'll be using to get back to Shingashina; my home. I hope everything works out accordingly.

"Make sure you eat," Christa walks past me to her own table.

Ever since I had that break down, everyone has been suffocating me. All they do is ask if I'm okay or if I need anything. I'm glad they care, but it's a little too much. I'm a person who still likes her space.

The people on kitchen duty call for last servings and Sasha bolts up to get her extra helpings. I get up and put my scraps in the trash, setting my plates by the dish washing pit.

I go to sit back down at the table and look at the three before me. Sasha has more food and Jean and Connie are seeing who can chug their drinks the fastest.

With a sigh, I turn around and go find Armin, Eren, and Mikasa eating at a separate table. I sit beside the blonde boy and prop my chin on my hand.

"Hey Sophie," my brother lifts his head. "What's up?"

"Oh I just missed hanging out with you guys," I smile.

"Yeah you've become really close with the Sasha and Connie haven't you?" Mikasa's voice comes out soft like usual.

"Yeah and Reiner... sometimes Jean." I laugh.

"That guys an idiot," Eren grumbles.

"A funny idiot," I challenge. "Plus he's got a good heart, he just doesn't know how to communicate his feelings."

"I guess..." Eren shrugs.

"So are you all nervous for our mission?" Armin let's out a worried sigh.

"Kind of. I hate the unknown, so I'm not sure what to expect. I just don't want anyone else to get hurt," I look down.

"It'll be fine. We have two Titan shifters on our side and some Scouts skilled in both killing Titans and in intelligence." Eren looks at the three of us.