•99•

I wake up to laughter outside the cabin door. My eyes flutter open and I find the room to be empty. My body lazily sits up, a yawn escaping my dry lips.

I gaze around the room, trying to figure out why I was left behind. I know there's no training this morning, but why is everyone gone?

Oh laundry day...

I get out of bed and change into a loose pair of black pants and a cream colored long sleeve, knowing the air is still cold outside even though the snow is almost all melted away after yesterday's heat.

I look around for my laundry basket, not finding it where it usually is. I sigh and slip on my shoes, still tired, but it's from oversleeping this time. After lunch yesterday, my nap turned into hibernation. I must've slept deep because no one woke me up yesterday or this morning.

I open the door and find everyone either washing their laundry or hanging it up to dry. The first person to approach me is Mikasa.

"I grabbed your basket and started your laundry for you," she informs me.

"You didn't have to do that," I give her a sympathetic look.

"I don't mind," she leans in, her arms wrapping around my back. "Happy Birthday, Sophie."

"Oh... thank you," you smile into her shoulder.

"Of course," she pulls away from me and steps back to the laundry basket she was working on. "I think your stuff just need to be hung up over there."

I nod and walk over to where the clothes lines are set up, spotting Eren hanging up his pants. I head over to him before finding my laundry.

"Hey," I grab onto the back of his shirt as he reaches up to pin the pants to the line.

"Oh hey, Soph. I guess I should wish you a happy birthday," he laughs bluntly.

"You too," I give him a sheepish smile. "You actually happy about today?"

"I guess. I mean, I wish mom was here to make us dinner, but I'm glad I still have you, Armin, and Mikasa. Maybe we can have dinner together tonight."

"I'd like that," I lightly punch his shoulder, trying to lighten our moods because both of us are probably feeling a little off today.

I leave Eren to his own clothes while I head over to hang up what mikasa had washed for me. Beside me is Floch and some girl I don't know.

"So did you get Sadies to pair them up?" He steps over to me. "Because you know what's going to happen if they don't."

"Do you not have anything better to do?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"I want the money from the bets everyone placed on who's going to win. If they don't get paired up, a lot of people will be mad at you," he warns, trying to intimidate me into doing what he says.

"Give it a rest," Jean pops up behind Floch, his arms crossed and his face annoyed. "She isn't into you, ya mop head."

"Oh I don't want her," he looks at me up and down. "She just has to do something for me."

"What do you have on her?" He looks over at me and then back to the red headed devil.

"Oh just a little book," he smirks. "You want to know what I read?"

"Wait, your journal?" Jean questions.

I remember Jean had said he was going to find out what I wrote inside no matter what. So this is now bad for me, because I'm sure Jean would do anything to know what I have inside my journal.