•95•

My legs ache as I continue to search inside houses, looking for any sign or Reiner and Bertholdt. I've been waiting for this moment for a while now... I want to see them and make sure they feel guilty for what they've done to us. To pay for their actions.

"Sophie," Armin walks into an abandoned house full of forgotten things. "You find anything?"

"No... I don't understand... We've looked everywhere and it's not like they'd leave without Eren..." I frown. "They're here... somewhere."

The two of us exit the house and Armin launches himself up, hanging about halfway up on the wall. He stares into nothing, probably trying to think about where the enemy could be.

I catch a glimpse of Eren making his way towards the inner gate and my heart rate picks up, realizing we're almost out of time. If they're going to attack... it would be before Eren can finish his job.

My eyes fall back to Armin and see him still stressing out. I freeze... looking at the wall behind him. My gut instincts kick in and it's as if Armin and I are one mind, because he sends up a smoke flare just as I come to a realization on where Reiner and Bertholdt could be.

The wall... There are Titans in the walls, meaning it's hollow inside. Back when I fought annie, we uncovered that Titans face...Anyone could hide in there I'd they had the right idea.

Armin flies to the top of the wall and I join him, the other scouts and Garrison arriving at the same time. Armin gives me a nod and I mirror it, knowing we're both on the same page.

"Did you find them?" A girl asks.

"Where are they?" Another questions.

"The walls! Everyone scour the walls!" Armin orders frantically.

Erwin and Nile approach us, my hazel eyes meeting the cold and empty ones of our commander. He seems even more displeased than usual.

"But we already searched all around them!" A girl argues.

"There isn't anywhere to hide on the walls!" Another speaks up.

"Exactly... on them. But what about inside?" I rock on the balls of me feet nervously. "Did you check inside the walls?"

The soldiers before us shake their heads slowly and Erwin also seems surprised. This is what happens when you put Armin and I together... we figure shit out.

"Inside the walls?" The female scout gasps.

"Yes!" Armin answers. "Look for a small cavity that someone could hide out in. It may be covered."

"How do you know that this exists?" The guy in front of me asks the two of us.

"It's a hunch..." Armin's face falls in shame.

"Damn it! Do you have any idea what kind of situation we're in?" The man grabs Armin by the shoulders and shakes him. "We don't have time to waste on your hunches!"

"Let him go," I threaten, my blade now pointed at the mans chest.

He lifts his hands off Armin and takes a step back, his jaw set angrily at me. I don't care though... Now isnt the time to be turning on eachother.

"J-just think about it..." Armin continues, brushing his cloak off. " The enemy always gets the better of us by using titan powers in ways we could never have imagined! If we constrain ourselves to normal tactical reasoning, then will never be able to gain the upper hand!"

"Just trust us... Why would we want yo risk our lives if we weren't sure...?" I narrow my eyes and put my blade back in its place.

A shot goes off, alarming the group and myself. Behind us, Erwin shot his red smoke signal into the air. It's the signal to halt the mission...