•107•

(NOT EDITED AND PROBABLY HAS A LOT OF MISTAKES)

It was bittersweet leaving my home... again. It's the place my mother died. The place I grew up. Now yet again, I'm leaving and it'll just become another memory.

We head back towards the wall and Levi now has taken possession of the three books dad had left behind. I want to read them, but I know they need to be given to the premier so they can get a better understanding of the world beyond the walls.

"How's your face?" Mikasa touches my swollen cheek as we walk down the street.

"Sore," I pull back.

"I'm surprised he- you know."

The two of us are walking behind everyone else, probably because mikasa's planned on asking me about it and didn't want Levi in ear shot.

"Yeah," I look down at the dirt ground. "But it was a complicated situation. He and Erwin had a special bond and he wanted him to live, just like I wanted Armin too."

"But still... he didn't have to go that far. You didn't attack him like that. You used your words," she glares ahead at the captain.

"Maybe..." I shrug and then use my ODM gear to propel myself up to the others.

I land, placing my feet on the stone and then look at Sasha who's still sleeping and Armin who's standing and staring out over the wall.

"How'd it go?" Jean walks up beside me, touching my shoulder lightly.

"Good," I smile, but it's not quite real. There's still so many things that have happened that make me want to break down and cry, but for now I need to stay strong.

"What's wrong?" He grabs onto my other shoulder and pulls me so I'm facing him.

"Just overwhelmed," I shrug, staring up at him.

"That bruise is getting bad," his gold eyes flicker to the wound. I'm not sure what it looks like, but if people keep commenting on it, it must be bad.

I can feel the right side of my face throbbing and I know it was bleeding, but maybe it hurts more because of who it came from.

"We should head back now," Hange announces. "We have to get these back."

Everything is packed for the most part, so I just needed to follow everyone down to the other side of the wall.

I hadn't prepared myself for what I was about to see. The moment my feet touched the ground, I was greeted by the image of hundred of dead bodies. All of them crushed or missing limbs. Some bad blood and guts spilling from them.

"Oh my god," Jean gasps as he stands beside me.

"Sophie," Reece calls to me from being held on Vic's back. "Over there."

I look to where he is pointing, seeing the small body of Kaia leaned up against the wall. She didn't look all that bad, but I could see her chest was caved in.

"Oh Kaia," I shudder.

I've already cried so much today, but I manage to let a few more fall for my comrade. I get closer, crouching in front of her. There's a faint smile on her lips, but the color is drained from her. She looks like a doll.