•89•

(NOT EDITED)

~continuing from last chapter~

Bodt comes to a stop by the stables where I find Eren, Moblit, and Jean. Since it's only been an hour, they're not very close to being done.

"Sophie," Armin approaches me. "Can I get your help with filling the horses water buckets?"

I turn to see Armin waving at me from the inside of the stables. I pat Bodts side and take one more look at Jean, admiring him.

He's not shirtless, but he has rolled his sleeves up and I can tell he's tired and covered in sweat. He's going to need a shower before he's allowed in my room.

I go into the stables and for thirty minutes I help him fill the buckets with fresh water. Afterwards, I take off Bodts saddle and hang it up I put her in the stall and lock her up for the day.

"Lunch should be soon," Armin sighs. "All this work makes me hungry."

"Yeah me too," I pat my stomach and frown. "I haven't eaten since yesterday's breakfast. I'll see you in the dining hall, I'm going to go see if they need help with the fence."

"Okay, I'll save you a seat!"

Armin runs off and I make my way across the gravel path, over to the large field they're trying to put a fence in. Eren is holding a wood board in place and Jean starts hammering the nail in.

"Son of a bitch!" Eren shouts in pain.

"I told you not to move!" Jean stands up from his crouched position on the ground.

"I didn't! You just hit my finger for no reason!"

I let out a sigh and approach them, smiling both of them on the back of their heads. Eren crosses his arms over his chest while jean smiles at me.

"I swear you can't go even one day without arguing," I grumble.

"Well he's an idiot," Eren growls at Jean.

"Stop it," I warn Eren, annoyed with his attitude. "I came to let you know lunch is ready."

"Good, I need a break from this guy," Eren turns and starts heading towards the dining hall.

I run after him, latching onto his shoulders and throwing my legs around his waist. He stumbles and I pull on his neck, causing the two of us to fall.

We collapse on our backs and laugh, staring up at the cloudy sky. Back when we were kids he still couldn't give me piggy back rides very well either.

"You're so heavy," he throws some pieces of grass at me.

"Not even!" I gasp. "You're just mr.skinny bones."

"Shut up," he stands and we see Jean approach us with a small smile on his lips.

"I hate how alike you two are some times," Jean gestures his hand out to me and I take it. "Come on, Princess."

He pulls me up and then suddenly picks me up, running away from my brother. I let out a surprised yell and I throw my arms around him.