•71•

|Back to anime plot|

The sounds of water crashing near me causes me to open my eyes. I'm greeted by the bring light of a blue sky with scattered clouds. The ground beneath me feels like scratchy dirt. I can smell salt and something unfamiliar. I sit up, seeing a vast body of water.

Armin once told me that beyond the wall lies a great expanse of water. He called it the sea. Now that I'm looking out over it, I wonder what's beyond?

Surely across this large body of water is yet another land just like ours. There's no way we're the only place left in existence.

My eyes search for any sign of life, but I'm only able to see the blue water. It goes on for what looks like forever.

But why am I here?

There are birds soaring above, singing obnoxiously as they fly. As I stand here, I feel like this isn't the first time I've been a place like this.

I flip my bangs from my face as the wind tosses them into my eye. I glance down at the ground, looking at the objects stinking out of it. They're shells from what I remember from Armins book.

I pick up a flat one with rivets lining the body of it. It's slightly pink with a touch of cream and white. It's pretty.

~

"Hey, Sasha, you even try to steal any more food, and we'll have Captain Levi chop you into bite-sized pieces. Got it?" I hear Jeans grumpy voice state.

"Who me?" She shouts. "I would never! Probably... Tell him Sophie!"

I snap out of my trance as I look out the window I'm cleaning. The blue sky looks just like the vision I was having. Must be what caused my vision....Nows not the time to be day dreaming though.

Jean and Sasha walk through the door carrying bags of food for us. Sasha frowns as she walks inside, looking annoyed with Jean.

"Hey!" My brother shouts while holding his broom. "Did you guys wipe the mud off your shoes before you came in?"

I bring my hand that's holding a rag down to my side, gazing at Jean as he lays a sack of potatoes down on a table.

"Huh? Are you kidding me?" He glares at Eren. "Do you not see all this stuff we're carrying?"

"You idiot," Eren approaches Jean. "You really think an excuse like that is gonna play with Captain Levi!? Bad enough I had to make your bed for you this morning, now you pull this crap?"

Jean grits his teeth and I can see him shake from anger as Eren scolds him. I wipe at the windows again and gaze outside.

"Oh, shut it! Who are you, my mom now?" Jean yells.

I watch Mikasa and Historia walk from outside into our small house. Mikasa has an axe over her shoulder while the small blonde girl holds some wood.

"We're back," Mikasa announces.

"Wait," Armin gapes. "You were chopping firewood?"

"Gotta stay in shape somehow," the raven haired girl shrugs.

"You got grabbed by a Titan! You should be in bed recovering!" Armin pleas with her.