•46•

~3rd POV~

Jean sits on a wood box, taking a gulp of water. He had just gotten back from patrolling the wall to find the hole that was supposedly letting Titans in.

"Are you really saying there wasn't any?" Jean asks a soldier next to him.

"I know, right?" The guy answers. "It's unusually quiet out there."

"I wonder if they're still alive..." Jean sighs.

He left the group just as they were coming up on the tower to save the cadets from his class. A squad leader came up to the rear of the formation and had them turn back.

Jean didn't want to, but he has to follow orders. Ever since, he's been inside wall Trost while his friends are off doing god-knows-what. He's sure with Sophie, Mikasa, and Eren there, they will be fine.

"What a waste of time. This was supposed to be an emergency?" An older military police man walks up to his colleagues and scowls.

"Yeah. We just come here to sit on our asses, or what?" The friend responds.

"Hey Levi! Where are you hidin' all the Titans?" The first one shouts with small laugh.

Levi turns his head at the obnoxious military police officers. His hand still holding the small gun in his lap, discretely pointing it at Nick.

"Problem?" Levi turns his head. "You seem eager to be eaten alive, soldier."

The two MP's let out shocked gasps. They were taken aback by Levi's blunt and nonchalant tone.

"Huh. Sorry we couldn't make that happen for you today. Plenty of opportunities outside the wall if you're lookin'. Lots of scouting expeditions," Levi narrows his gaze. "I'd be more than happy for the help. We could all fight Titans together."

"Well, you know..." the MP feels a bit a sweat on his brow. "There's our work in the interior, so..."

Suddenly a male soldier runs up to the group of MP and scouts waiting for further instruction or information on the situation.

"Hey! The advance squad is back! Go! Tell commander Pyxis!"

Levi turns his head, curious as to what they found out. He doesn't like being the one to sit out, but he's not any help with his current state.

Jean, captain Erwin, and Levi group up with the others and watch as Pyxis asks his fellow soldier what had happened.

"I see. No breach as far as you could tell, correct?" Pyxis leans over at the crouching guard.

"That's correct sir," Phil responds as he pants from running all the way here.

"Mm. As I thought..." Pyxis sighs.

Behind Phil, Sasha takes hold of a water pouch and chugs the cold liquid to regain her energy. She's just as out of breath as the boy.

"But, sir!" Phil exclaims. "A situation has developed! You see, we ran into another group on the way back to Trost. It was the Scout unit led by Section Commander Hange."

This draws Jeans and Levi's attention... they're curious as to what the boy has to say. Jean see's Sasha made it back okay so he's not too worried about his friends being dead. Specially because she's looking around for food right now.

"There were recruits from the 104th Cadet Corps with them, none of whom had equipment. This may sound crazy, sir, but three of them were Titans!"

Levi is crouched next to the soldier explaining what he saw. Why on earth would he say three... Levi ponders. He suspects that Reiner and Bertholdt had made their appearance. But what about the other?