•53•

I see Eren shaking beside me and I move to grab his arm, but I double over and begin coughing up blood. I had forgotten about the wound on my stomach up until now. Guess I can't ignore it anymore.

"Get down!" Mikasa yells and shields the two of us with her body.

I grunt and cast my eyes up to see the Titan swing it's arm. Thinking we're about to get smacked, I close my eyes and prepare for impact. But nothing happens.

My eyes open and I find Hannes holding the Titans hand back with his body. I let out a small cry and try to shove Mikasa off of me.

"Are you insane?" My brother yells.

Hannes groans and pushes the hand back a little bit to get his blade enough space to slice at the Titan. He manages to cut through the skin and the Titan reaches its hand back.

"Can you believe this luck?" Hannes laughs and looks down at the three of us. "Ha! Crazy, right?"

My body aches and burns, but I try to focus my healing on my stomach. That's the injury causing my handicap right now.

"This is the least that I owe your mother," Hannes spreads his arms out to protect us. "She'll finally have the vengeance she deserves!"

I watch as the man I've known my whole life dig his ODM gear into the large Titan, propelling himself towards it.

"No! Hannes!" I cry.

The blonde maneuvers around the Titan, trying to get at its nape. My eyes widen as I watch him, begging my body to heal so I can help.

"They need back up!" I hear Jean yell.

My eyes dart to the right and see Jean and Armin heading our way. Damnit! I wanted him to get as far away from here as possible! What are they doing over here?

Two Titans get thrown in their path and I jump in shock. Why is Reiner still doing this? Cant he find it in his heart to just give up?

I watch Armin and Jean gaze at the Titans around them. I let out a sacred breath and bring my attention back to Hannes in front of me.

He slices through its skin and starts to lead it away from us. The Titan follows Hannes away and I watch mikasa get up and take out her blades.

"Mikasa, stop!" Eren begs. "You're in no shape to-! My hands! Help me!"

"What will you do?" Mikasa stares at my brother.

"Come on!" He yells. "Sophie and I have to be the ones who kill that thing! For our mom!"

I cough up more blood, but I push through the pain, joining my brother at his side. We both stand tall, watching Hannes cut the things heel.

"This one belongs to us," I choke out. "Wait here."

"Don't go!" Mikasa shouts after us. "We have to get you two out of here!"

I grip my wounded stomach, wincing at every step. Eren stops abruptly and I lean onto his shoulder for support.

"Not until we've settled the score," Eren glares ahead. "Stand back."

My brother bites down onto his hand, trying to transform. I prepare myself for the explosion, but nothing happens.

"What?" He cries out.

I put my hand on his shoulder and sigh. He seems healed, so why can he transform? Why is it always in moments like these?

"Jean!" I hear Armin yell and I snap my head in their direction.

A Titan is tossed in front of him and Jean is knocked off his horse. I watch as he lays unconscious on the ground. Armin then jumps from his horse and comes to his aide, holding his limp body up.