•09•

"Hey," Jean taps my shoulder. "They need us to cover for the supply depot. We have to clear a path."

"Right," I snap back to reality. Eren can handle himself.

"You worried or something? I thought you were talking such big game before," he smirks that cocky smile at me.

"I'm not worried," I glare at him, then take off to help clear all the Titans in the way of the supply depot.

Jean follows, along with the two others with us. I think their names are Cassie and Shaun. They don't talk much, I don't even remember them from boot camp.

I spot a Titan, it's munching on the remains of one of the cadets. Wait, that's Wagner. Well Wagner's head...

"He was on Eren and Armins squad..." I breathe out.

"What was that short stack?" Jean laughs next to me.

I land on top of a building and watch the Titan. Is Eren okay? Armin? It was probably just Wagner that got caught... right?

"Sophie? Hey, you good?" Jeans face comes between the view of the Titan and me.

"That was Wagner," I point past him. Jean turns and frowns.

"Damn," he sighs. "We have to keep moving though."

"Y-yeah," I say lifelessly then follow Jean. I take out a few Titan's along the way and then we land on top of some buildings.

I fly through the air, blades out and slice the back of a Titans neck. Jean passes me and takes out the other one in front of me.

As he goes in for the strike, an abnormal comes out of nowhere and leaps towards Cassie. I quickly latch onto the stone buildings ahead of me and launch myself in the path of the Titan.

It grabs my wire as I try to retract it, but I'm too slow. The Titan flings me to the ground, but I manage to get my other hook into a building, pulling myself away from smacking the ground.

The wire detaches itself and I fly onto a roof. I sprawl out and lay there for a second. The wind was knocked out of me and I can't catch my breath.

I need to get to Cassie...

I stand up and examine my ODM gear, I'm starting to run low on fuel. Looking up, I see the Titan from before.

Cassie is okay, but Shaun... He's on the ground, limbs in all different directions. I wince at the sight, but quickly focus back onto the mission.

"We need to clear this side of the city," I meet up with Cassie and Jean. They nod and we take off again.

My head feels a little foggy right now... My heart is racing... My stomach is tight. This is one of my bad feelings, but it's severely worse than usual.

I get lost in thought, which isn't usual. I'm always awake and watching my surroundings. Not this time; whatever the thing my body is warning me about, is something really bad. I lose focus.

"Sophie!" Jean yells, which snaps me back into reality.

A Titan is right in my path, I'm already moving so there's no avoiding it. It's large face is smiling at me. I grimace at the sight of it.

The Titan from that day... it was also smiling.

Fueled with anger, I glide next to its face, hook my self into its back and slice its nape. I kick off it's back and continue on.

"What's up with you?" Jean travels along side me.

"I don't know," I sigh. "I just have a really bad feeling right now. Something is wrong and I don't know what it is."