•77•

~SOPHIE~

"Alright Historia, it seems we're finally alone," Rod walks back into the section of the cave we're in. He's holding a black bag, much like a doctors. "I'm sorry for making you wait."

I look down at the two of them. Rod sets his hand on Historias shoulder, lovingly. I'm still going over dads memories, but I'm sure he had a reason for what he did... It's a feeling I have.

"Listen, Historia. I imagine that this will sound strange to you, but Frieda isn't entirely dead," he stares at the small blonde girls eyes. "Your sisters memories are still alive. Would you like the chance to meet her again?"

I look over at Eren and he does the same to me. We both share a look of confusion mixed with worry. I also know for certain both our faces are drained from having those memories brought into our heads.

"Yes!" Historia gasps.

No Historia... Don't trust him.

He kneels on the ground, opening up his bag. We watch as he rummages through it and pulls out a small box. I see what it is as he opens it. It's a syringe. Just like the one dad used on Eren and I.

"Understand, kids? Think of your mother! You can avenge her!" Dad looks at Eren and I with tears in his eyes.

Eren seems to have had the same vision. The two of us thrash against the chains, trying our hardest to scream at her. She's being tricked! He's going to turn her into a Titan and eat us. The she'll have Friedas memories. It's all for his selfish ass! He doesn't want Historia! He just wants Frieda back! It's two birds with one stone as well because now he'll have the Reiss' Titan power back.

Stop! Don't do it!

I scream and scream, but Historia doesn't care. Eren and I make eye contact, both of us worried and knowing how this will end.

An explosion is heard in the distance...

~3rd POV~

Levi busts through the door to the cave, then the Scouts push down their wheel'd bombs. They run down the stairs, Sasha sending an arrow into the first barrel.

Levi and Mikasa use their ODM gear and fly through the smoke coming from their small bombs. On the steps, the others start shooting signal flares to distract the enemy.

The plan is to limit their vision, making it harder to shoot. Unlike using blades, they need to be able to shoot from far away. The Scouts ODM gear is for up close range.

"Thirty-two. Thirty-four. Thirty-five total! In the upper parts of the pillars!" Levi shouts for the others to hear. "Continue the plan! We'll take them all out right here!"

"Everyone scatter! Let them spread out, then surround them!" The girl from Kenny's squad yells.

Connie, Jean, Hange, and Moblit take off from the stairs, joining the fight. Sasha stays and continues shooting at the barrels.

Jean breaks through the smoke, seeing a man below him. He remembers what Armin told him about their guns not being able to move positions while they're using it to be mobile.

The man looks up at Jean and the only thing in Jeans mind now is keeping his friends alive and saving Sophie.

Jean drives his blade into the mans neck, watching his eyes lose the light of life in them. He doesn't have time to be guilty, he needs to get to Sophie.