50 Shades of Murphys Blood

wells is dead

wells is dead.

jasper is awake and functional.

it's hard to assume that this is all going to be alright. people keep dying and people keep pretending that it's normal, it might be their normal. but i'm not letting this become the Ark.

"hey," Murphy yells at some poor kid trying to do his job, "you think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall? or maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?"

"i just need some water," the guy says.

"Murphy go get this guy some water," Bellamy orders, coming to stand next to him.

"i'll get it," i say, standing up from where i was sitting. nobody has been ordering me around, probably because they know i won't listen.

i get the water and bring it to the guy, he starts drinking it just as Murphy unzips his pants and starts pissing on the guy.

"you wanted a water break," he defends.

"what the hell Murphy?" i start, "you might not be Bellamys bitch, but you're starting to act more and more like him every day," then i turn and walk towards the drop ship.

"everyone get to work," murphy says, catching up to me.

"hey," he starts, grabbing my hand, "look, i'm sorry. i'm not meaning to be a dick,"

"then why are you being a dick?" i turn towards him but let him hold my hand.

"i'm just trying to get them to work. the grounders killed wells, i don't want them killing anyone else next,"

"fine," and with that, i send him a smile and squeeze his hand lightly. then i walk to the Drop Ship to help Monty.

right before i get to the latter, Clarke and Bellamy start heading down. it seemed urgent, so i follow them to Bellamys tent.

"am i welcome?" i ask as i get to the entrance.

"of course," Octavia says, "but it's pretty secretive so,"

i nod, showing her that i understand what she's meaning.

"this knife was made from metal from the Drop Ship," Clarke says, analyzing a knife in her hands, "Wells' fingers were inches away from it, meaning that's where he was killed,"

"means the grounders didn't kill wells," i responded, "it was one of us,"

"so there's a murderer in the camp?" jasper asks, turning pale.

"well there's more than one murderer in this-" Bellamy starts before i interrupt him.

"-wow thanks," i laugh, "but who would do this?"

"we need to keep this quiet," Bellamy says, Clarke stands up and starts walking out of the tent, knife in her hand.

"get out of my way," she says, sure enough, Bellamy stands in her way.

"come on clarke you don't even know who's knife that is," he starts.

"really?" she holds up the knife for us to see, the knife reads something, "it says JM; John Murphy,"

she walks outside of the tent, leaving me and Bellamy.

"Clarke," i yell, everyone standing with us listening to me, "he couldnt have killed Wells, he was with me the entire night,"

everyone else knew about me and murphy, maybe they were more attentive. the only person who didn't, was Bellamy.

"then you'd be fine if i spoke to him myself," she starts, everyone but me and Bellamy following her.

"woah. so you were with murphy?" he asks, turning towards me.

"yeah," i start, "problem?"

"what the hell were you two doing?" he's really pressing my buttons.

"you're not my dad," i say, "but if you must know, we were sleeping. we were quite tired from all the sex we had before that. any more questions?" and i pushed past him.

now honestly i didn't need to give him all of that information, i was really just trying to stun him long enough to get away.

"you son of a bitch," clarke shoves murphy.

"what's your problem?" he asks. he makes eye contact with me and i shake my head at him.

"recognize this?" clarke says, holding up his knife.

"it's my knife," he responds, "where'd you find it?"

"where you dropped it after you killed wells," she responds.

"he didn't fucking kill wells," i yell, approaching them, "i told you. he was with me the entire night,"

"i know what you did," she started, not looking at me, "and you're gonna pay for it,"

"bellamy do you really believe this crap?" Murph asks him, but bellamy doesn't respond to him.

"you threatened wells, we all heard you," she says. i'm not sure what she's talking about, but i know he didn't kill Wells.

"plenty of people hated him," murphy responds.

"you got into a knife fight with him," clarke really isn't backing down.

"he didn't kill him then either," i step in front of murphy, "i said he was with me. ask all the people that saw us go into his tent," people behind me made noises indicating that i was right.

"come on i don't have to answer to you," Murphy says, "i don't have to answer to anyone,"

"come again?" Bellamy asks. what a dick.

murphy walks to bellamy, pulling me with him, "you know i didn't do this,"

"they found his fingers on the ground with your knife," bellamy says, before clarke starts talking.

"you say we should have no rules, does that mean killing people without punishment?" she starts.

"i say we float him," and after that, everyone in the crowd starts going against Murphy, saying we should kill him.

"not to ruin your whole good guy speech, but he didn't do it," i walk back up to her, her face inches away from mine.

"but he did," she says, "you too blind to see that?"

and with that, i punch her in the jaw. she staggers back a few steps then charges back towards me. she lands a good punch, i land a better one. she falls to the ground slightly, and before i can go back to her and hit her again Bellamy grabs me and pulls me back, when i look back, people start attacking murphy while he lays on the ground.

i close my eyes so i don't have to see, by the time i open them again they had murphy standing on a chair, noose around his neck.

"bellamy," i'm feeling a lot of emotions. none of them good, "if you don't stop this, i will never forgive you,"

he grabs Octavia, "bring her to the tent. she can't see this,"

Octavia grabs me, and just as Bellamy kicks the chair down i break out of her grasp. i punch bellamy, crying as he grabs me to hold me from hurting him again.

"Murphy didn't kill Wells," a girl looking no older than 14 says, "i did."