I Come Face to Face with Consequences

going home without bellamy felt pointless. even though he's a dick and irritates me, being home felt empty knowing that he wasn't there.

the grounders came to the Ark, Kane had high hopes for trying to train them. i decided against it and joined Wick and Raven in the room where they both worked.

"morning everyone," i said in a somewhat cheerful way as i walked into the room.

"no word from bellamy," wick said in a seemingly rude way.

"what if i just wanted to come in here, braid hair and talk about boys?" i joke back to him, "not everything is about him,"

"sure," wick says, taking a deep breath and starting to talk in a high pitched girl voice, "Kane is so sexy, i just want him to pound-"

"ok you can unsubscribe me to your issues," i say back as i laugh, "you okay raven?"

"i'm great," she said shortly, i could tell she was working so i decided to let her be, heading outside to take a breath of air.

"how's training the grounders?" i ask as i notice murphy standing outside the Ark just as i was.

"well i punched one of them," he noticed me give him a look so he defended with, "what? he hit me first,"

"typical. you're always looking for a fight."

"i wasn't- you know what? i'm not fighting with you, princess," princess always sounded like an insult coming out of his mouth.

just as i look up, i notice octavia get her ass beat by a man twice her size. i run over to Kane, who was watching the entire thing.

"what the hell, Marcus?" i practically yell

"she wanted to fight," he says back, "she wanted to fight them,"

i take a look at this girl, thinking back to when she was eight years old, running around and asking bellamy to carry her places. i'm proud of her. if she's fighting, so am i.

"i'm next," i say to Indra.

"very well," she says back, she doesn't sound mad though. i know she's enjoying watching the two of them fight. the guy landed good punches on her, but she stood back up every time and tried again. she's strong, i'll give her that. i'm not any bigger than her in size, maybe an inch taller than her. but if we're going to try and get smarter about fighting, i'm in.

there's no bellamy to tell me not to do this, and when i look back murphy is gone. so i know nobody else is going to step in the way of this. abby can't sit here and remind me of internal bleeding, she's busy with other things. how much could internal bleeding really mess me up in this fight anyways?

once octavia was done with her fight, kane helped her get up and brought her somewhere to be taken care of. indra motioned for me to step up to the man, and when i did i realized he had about a foot on me.

the rain hit my face as i pull a sword from the floor, it was no doubtably octavias from the fight she had with him. we walked around each other, and the man made several attempts to lunge for me.

so he's an offensive attacker? the trick is to also be an offensive attacker, forcing him to play defensive and pushing him into a position he isn't comfortable with.

i lunge forward and push my sword outward, slashing the air as i hear metal come in contact with metal. we keep going like that, hitting swords until he uses his strength to push me down on the ground. i stand back up, not prepared to lose this easily.

when i stand up he makes the first move. shoving me down once again.

"is pushing me to the ground the only thing you're good for?" i spit at him.

when i stand back up, he grabs my arm and punches me in the face, landing another punch in my stomach. i step backwards from the force, lunging at him and punching him in the throat. it's a dirty punch, but it's almost the only thing i have at the moment other than blinded rage.

he punches me back, and i hit my sword at his stomach, tearing the material of his shirt. he grabs my shoulder, hitting me in the stomach with the hilt of his sword, the rain gets heavier and i finally allow myself to fall.

"move." indra says to the man, and all of the grounders move away from the crowd they made around us, "now we get food,"

kane picks me up, bringing me to the same place he brought octavia. when we got into abbys room, i knew i was about to get the worst of it from her. octavia sat in front of her, and i started turning for the door.

"can't deal with her right now," i said quietly to kane as he started pulling me back to the center of the room.

"i feel the same way most days," Kane laughed as octavia stared at me.

"bellamy would be angry," she said to me as she patted the seat next to her, motioning for me to sit.

"i can say the same to you," i responded.

abby gave me a look, she started to open her mouth but i interrupted her, "i have to get stronger. everyone else around here is doing things, actually doing things. and i'm not, so let me have this,"

"let me at least take care of you," she responded as she pulled me to the other side of the room. i noticed indra walk in, so i let her.

"you must be happy, i got my ass kicked," octavia said to her.

"you didn't give up. neither did she," indra gives me a pointed look, "i want to guide both of you into becoming warriors,"

octavia ended up agreeing to her terms, but i wasn't as easily bought.

"i'm already a warrior, shitty fighting or not," i said back, "respectfully, i pass,"