King of Nothing At All

when they cut murphy down, he was angry

if bellamy blake had hung me i think i'd be a bit angry too, but i dont think i'd want to kill a child. the second he was cut down, i hugged him. and i hugged him like it was the last thing i'd ever do.

"murph," i started, "you can't kill a child,"

"why the hell not?" he asked, "bellamy was perfectly fine with killing me but whenever it's her, he hides and protects her?"

"i'm sorry," i say, still hugging him.

"you want to protect her too," he starts again, "then go protect her. i won't be mad."

"and if they kill you?"

"then they kill me." he then kisses me. and i kiss back, because what the hell else am i supposed to do?

"i love you, venus," he says

"we've been dating for like a day,"

"i've loved you since we were thirteen. don't say it back, just go."

and with that, i turn and run through the crowd and into the tent with the others. they all turn to look at me, and i know Charlotte is afraid.

"v," bellamy says, pushing the others behind him and moving towards me. i punch him for what feels like the thousandth time in my life.

"now that thats over with," i say, "what's the plan?"

bellamy goes outside, and i hear him and murphy yelling. it hurts hearing his voice because i know he's going to die or worse. after they yell, i hear fighting. fists connecting with body parts.

"venus," clarke says, bringing me back into reality, "i tried to stop this,"

"i don't like you," i say, moving closer to her, "but you did."

she nods, "now let's get out of here,"

me, finn, clarke, and charlotte leave the tent, and start running to the woods. while this isn't a great idea because of grounders, there's nothing else we can do right now. murphy is a lot, he's a cruel person. i do care about him, but i know he'll kill her. i can't decide if i care about that or not.

"tell me you have a plan and we aren't just wandering," clarke says.

"i've been wondering the same thing," i say following them, "you do remember the grounders right?"

charlotte tries to grab clarke's hand, and clarke doesn't exactly do well with that.

"just because we're helping you, doesn't mean you're forgiven," she says. i have to admit, this girl is full of surprises.

"clarke, she's just a kid," finn says. he's an idiot.

"she killed someone."

screams get closer to us, and it becomes clear that they're yelling for charolette. but not to save her. murphy's voice becomes audible as he threatens charolettes life. but finn tells us to get inside of a bunker in the ground.