Hell is Just a Sauna

flashback to life on the Ark Five Years Ago

Five Years Ago.

"Bellamy," i asked, curiously, "do you think the air on Earth tastes different?"

"I don't know, Venus," he responds, not looking up from the ceiling.

"you know, it's getting late," i say, standing up from the floor where i was laying.

"okay, kid," he says, "be safe. i love you."

"i love you too, bell,"

flashback over.
now.

"have you seen octavia?" bellamy asks, running into my tent during the night.

"we've checked the camp twice," finn comes into my tent next.

"wow the gangs all here," i say, putting my shoes on and standing up, "come on. we have a girl to look for,"

"we should split up," finn says, "she couldn't have gotten far,"

"actually finn, i haven't seen her all day, even when we got back to camp this morning with raven. so she could be anywhere," i say.

"i already told the entire camp, they're all out looking. so we shouldn't split up just yet," bellamy says.

"also, venus," finn starts, "you were in your tent, but the ark didn't get our message. they killed 300 people."

silence. just silence.
what the hell am i supposed to say?

"clarke's helping raven find a transmitter," bellamy ignores the fact that he killed 300 hundred people. typical.

we keep trudging through the woods until we hear a yell, "look"

"is that octavias?" once we catch up, we see an object, belonging to octavia.

"it's hers," bellamy says, before going back into the woods.

"blood," i say.

"footprints," finn says, "he was carrying her."

"then she's alive," i say, standing up from the ground, "come on, girls we don't have much time,"

bellamy is the first to follow me, but everyone else in the woods follows soon after.

"what the fuck," bellamy asks, looking around most people would be scared. and most of them were.

skeletons, strung up in the trees scared them enough for them to go back to camp. we keep going, and by the time it's daylight we find nothing.

"where's john?" a girl behind me asks.

john drops from the trees, dead.

"oh, fuck," i mutter, "grounders. they're using the trees,"

and right then, we run. finn, bellamy, jasper, and i don't split up, but the others are all out of our view. it seems selfish to leave them, but when i look back, our people are dead everywhere. most of them are people ive never met before, and for some reason that makes it feel worse.

"bellamy," i say. there are grounders everywhere, all with weapons. all running right for us, and as everyone turns to see it, a horn blares loudly. they all leave.

"acid fog," finn says, putting something over us to make sure the fog doesn't hit us. bellamy sticks his head out of the cover, "there's no fog,"

looking through the trees, there's on lone grounder walking by himself. bellamy jogs after him, followed by everyone else.

great, right?

after following the grounder for forever, he goes into a cave.

"guess we're going to follow him into that creepy cave, right?" jasper asks. without answering, bellamy goes in. we follow.

when we get in, we walk into a room with writing on the walls as well as things all over the floor. belongings of the grounder.

the grounder was on the ground passed out, and Octavia was chained to a wall. Bellamy runs to free her, hugging her. she turns to hug me next, then Jasper.

"he's passed out?" i ask

"i did what i had to," she responds. finn holds his weapon towards the grounder, just in case he wakes up and puts up a fight.

"don't hurt him," octavia says, "he saved me,"

"he kidnapped you," bellamy argues, "they started this,"

before bellamy can do anything, the grounder wakes up. grounder puts bellamy on the ground, stabbing finn and holding a weapon to his throat. octavia yells something, making the grounder look up for a moment and bellamy knocks him out.

"come on," i say, "we're bringing him to camp,"

when we get to camp, we all go into the drop ship. we head up the latter to chain the grounder, clarke and jasper go to finn to help him.

"guard him. you good doing that, v?" bellamy asks, he looks like he's distressed, but i don't push it. octavia comes up, and bellamy leaves without a word.

"tension?" i ask.

"something like that," she responds, "he wouldn't want me up here, you alright with that?"

"there are things a lot scarier than bellamy blake," i laugh and show her a seat right next to me.

"don't tell him that," she says as she sits down, "think you and i are the only people he's got a soft spot for, you'll hurt his pride if he knows you can do well on your own,"

i laugh, "i have a lot to thank him for, but i wouldn't call that a soft spot,"

we both get lost looking at the prisoner, a lot of unanswered questions die if he does.