Sinners Pretend to Be Saints

"you look like shit," murphy says as he sits on my bed next to me.

"aw good morning to you too," i respond, sitting up, "do you need something?"

"just wanted to tell you that i'm leaving with Jaha, says something about a City of Light," he said back. what the fuck is a City of Light?

"and you're leaving why?"

"i've got nothing better to do," he said, "i just came to say goodbye to you,"

"how sweet," i said sarcastically as i stood up to hug him, "be safe, okay? the city of light sounds like a shitty place to die,"

"of course," he said back, getting up to walk out of the door, "i love you, be safe back."

--

when i wake up again, clarke is here with one of the mountain men. i head down into the part of the Ark where they keep prisoners, they said that he tried to kill them. so why the fuck is he here?

"we saved your life, help us bring an end to all of this," kane says to the man. he's sitting in an airlock to keep the radiation out as they interrogate him.

"i'm Carl Emerson, Mount Weather security detail," the man says, i join side by side with clarke as she watches.

"got here right in time for the show, huh?" i say as i watch Carl Emerson.

"he's not going to talk," clarke says to kane

"he will if we open the door," he says back. in an instant, abby walks to lock the door.

"she's right, torture doesn't work," clarke says to him.

abby and kane leave the room, leaving clarke, carl, and i awkwardly standing there. i nod to clarke before heading into engineering to find raven and wick, clarke following behind me.

clarke and raven start talking about something i don't care about as i sit and listen to the radio.

"is bellamy okay?" octavia asks as she rushes in, "lincoln is still gone too,"

"no word," i respond shortly, clarke and raven give us pitiful looks.

"our whole plan rests on him getting in," raven says.

"he will," i respond back.

over the intercom i hear them calling for clarke and abby to the airlock, no doubt the prisoner had some news, she motions for me to follow her.

"did he say anything?" clarke asks.

"no. his blood did," abby responds, "jackson found genetic marker anomalies that can only come from people born on the Ark,"

"it started," i say, "they're bleeding them,"

the man stays silent as clarke walks up to the airlock. i run back into the engineering room, just as raven starts screaming at clarke.

"camp jaha this is mount weather does anyone read me?"

bellamy.

we all rush to the radio, me getting there first and everyone else getting there next.

"we read you," clarke says back

"clarke? is venus there?"

"yes, are you alright?" i ask.

"we have to talk fast something has changed." his tone changes, "they locked everyone in the dorms like prisoners."

"but they're alive?" clarke asked him.

"they're already using their blood. if not for maya i'd be dead," he said, "we need a plan that doesn't kill everyone, there are kids in here,"

"we can't do anything until you disable the acid fog. you have to free the grounder prisoners, is it doable?" clarke asks.

"it's doable. but you need to buy me some time," he says.

"you came through. i knew you would," i say.

"all i've done is not get killed, like you said," he responded back, i take that time to notice that clarke and raven have gotten up to give bellamy and i a moment.

"i'm going to give this to raven now, okay?" i say to him.

"alright. i love you, be safe."

"i love you," and i hand the radio to raven, clarke and i walking out of the room and back towards the airlock.

"you know what we have to do now, right?" i ask her.

she nods at me as we head to the prisoner from mount weather. i've never felt like more of a background character than when bellamy left, it made me realize just who has been running this shit this entire time.

"get dressed, you're sending the President a message for us," i say as we near the prisoner.

when he puts the suit on, we bring him to the gates. kane and abby near us as they start protesting at us.

"we're letting him go, marcus," i respond, "he's sending a message for us,"

"get the prisoner back to the airlock," abby says but whenever her guards near the prisoner, the grounder guards threaten them so they back away.

we keep walking to the gates, bringing the prisoner with us. when we near the gate, i grab the thing controlling how much air he has left.

"we are coming for him. you're watching us, but you haven't seen a thing. the grounder army is bigger than you think, your acid fog can't hurt them anymore. and now neither can the reapers, so you have one last chance. let our people go and we let you live," clarke says, telling carl the message for his people.

"the trip to mount weather is 8 hours?" i ask, "make it in 6," i turn his air down and he runs away towards mount weather.

"you going to tell me how this helps my brother?" octavia asks

"if they think we have a secret army, they won't care about the army on the inside," i say back to octavia, "he's the key to everything. i wouldn't do anything to harm him, trust me,"