Emotions? How About No

when i wake up, murphy is sitting by the feet of my cot, "morning, princess,"

"morning, John Murphy," i say, sitting up and shooting him a smile before kicking my shoes up and throwing my hair in a ponytail.

"haven't seen you in a ponytail since we were eleven," he jokes, "anyways i have meat duty, what about you?"

"watching the gate, but i have night shift so i'm probably just going to wander around, help jasper and raven out," i respond, we leave the tent and both of us make eye contact with bellamy. he looks angry this morning.

"what's his deal?" murphy asks, no doubt talking about bellamy.

"he's been on his period for about... how long have we been on Earth?" he laughs at my comments, then his face turns serious.

"i heard something from some of the people in the camp," he starts, "something happen between you two?"

"we kissed like once. but nothing more, the stick up his ass wouldn't allow anything more," i tried joking with him, but i'm not sure if he was in the joking mood. he nodded, then started towards the smokehouse. i remember him being a great friend, i hope that wouldn't change now.

i walk into ravens tent right after finn leaves, and once i come inside, i dont even mention the tension that i read.

"anything i can do? or is pretending like i'm helping going to be good enough?" i joke. she doesn't look like she's in the joking mood, but she laughs anyways.

"nothing to do, but bellamy says he's going hunting with the guys if you want to join them," she responds, not looking up from her hands.

i nod and head outside, before i can leave she stops me, "finn and i broke up. if you were wondering,"

"i wasn't going to ask, but now that you've mentioned it, are you okay?" i ask.

"no," she says after a second, but i can tell that she doesn't want to talk about it right now, i'll try back later tonight.

i head outside and see bellamy handing people guns for hunting.

"what's with the itch to hunt?" i ask, grabbing a gun.

"your boyfriend got the meat furnace burned down," he says, not making eye contact with me. i don't say anything, i just head into the woods. bellamy told me to take a group, but i'd rather die than that.

hunting outside, alone seemed like the most boring thing ever to most people, but to me it seemed like an escape. i'm trying to use my head, think about things while i sit in this tree and wait for something alive for me to eat.

the most important question today seemed like one most people would find easy, who the hell do i like? it feels dumb, laughable even to be thinking about this during a time i might be shot and killed.

being shot and killed sounded like paradise compared to things at home. home. what a strange word to use when talking about the camp.

who do i like? who's better than me? who loves me more?

1. who do i like? both of them.
2. who's better for me? neither of them.
3. who loves me more?

what a terrible question. murphy told me that he loved me, and he seemed to mean it then. but that was then, and while it might not have been that long ago, we've both done a lot of things in between then and now. he told bellamy to keep me safe, and that was all he wanted to say to anyone before he was banished.

bellamy. bellamy looks out for me, or else he pretends to very well. he said he loved me back on the Ark, and i know it was in a sisterly way. but i wonder if he loves me now? he said he wanted me, said he wanted to wait for me. i hate choosing between people like this, it feels evil.

it turns into night quickly, but there's still light in the sky. i see something moving in a nearby bush, then i see another thing moving with it.

not one deer, but two. and this all only had one head each. i shot one with a bullet, and hit the other with a spear. grabbing them by the legs and pulling them to camp.

-

"i found some good wires to use for the radios," raven says to monty as monty and i listen to the most annoying static ever, "if we're going to make walkies, we're going to need to strip the radio,"

raven thinks we need walkie talkies for when we hunt, in case someone sees a grounder or something. it's a smart idea, but the radio is more important. i don't fight her on this. raven and i walk outside when we hear the hunters coming back.

"the hunters are back?" i ask murphy, who is standing near the fire trying to cook the food we do have.

"finns not with them. but relax, i'm sure clarke's keeping him out of trouble," murphy says to raven. dick move.

raven walks away, but i stay with murphy to help him.

"so," i start, "where are you planning to sleep? i've pretty much taken your tent, so you can sleep in mine if you want,"

"don't worry, princess. i got my own," he says, "some people don't completely hate me. shocker."

"i don't hate you, murphy," i say looking at his slightly beat up face. he still hasn't healed from the grounders.

after a while of us cooking food, it seemed we were done, "i think someone else has taken my night shift, but i need to let bellamy know that i'm not out there. i'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"you know where i'll be if you need me," and after he shoots me a smile, he's gone to his tent.

i locate bellamys tent, but i hear him talking to someone else. ignoring that fact, i walk in. before i can start talking, i see that he is with someone. raven. and they're not talking, they're having sex.

i can't tell how i feel about that, but i leave his tent as fast as i can. and i once again, head to a tent that isn't mine.

as soon as i get into murphy's tent, i know that he's surprised. he's already taken his shoes off and laid on his cot, probably going to sleep before i walked in.

"venus, are you okay?" and before i even answer him, i put my legs on both sides of him, get on top of him, and kiss him aggressively.

he kisses back just as aggressively and i know for a fact that we're going to do this. i stand up to take all of my clothes off, but he didn't know that i doing that so he said, "you can't just tease me and then expect not to get punished,"

i laugh as i remove my underwear, then remove his, "then do that,"

he stands up, grabbing me hard. he then shoves me on the cot, face down. "if you want me to stop, say when,"

"never," before he smacks my ass hard, moving his fingers down to go inside of me. he repeats that several times before finally fucking me.

you know how the rest goes.