Im Not Even Trying Anymore

"just kill him already," i don't even take a second, just punch the guy who said that in the mouth

jaspers been groaning all night, obviously in pain from being stabbed in the chest. which is of course understandable.

i haven't eaten all night, bellamy decided that to gain the right to eat, you have to take your wrist band off. and ever since his 'we need to talk' high school musical type of bullshit i don't really need to be around him anyways.

i head out of the drop shift, walking straight to the fire so i can clear my head. on one hand, this is so tiring. but on the other hand, i don't really have anything better to do either, do i?

"this seat taken?" bellamy blake.

"saving them for all my friends," i sarcastically said, not looking up from the fire. i'd know his voice anywhere. he sat down beside me anyways, staring at me even though my face refused to meet his.

"i told you i needed to talk to you," his voice is calmer right now that it is with the other people here.

"i specifically remember ignoring that," i shivered, it was cold out here. i was hoping he didn't notice.

"did you get anything to eat?" is he daft? of course i didn't.

i finally turned to look at him, "how could i eat? you're a cruel person, trying to get everyone else to take their bands off so that you can save your own ass," speaking to him is hard.

"venus i would never make you take your wristband off if you didn't want to," what is he saying right now? he hands me some food and i don't even respond to him, not even a thank you. i take the food, and eat it without a second thought.

"bellamy," i started, i wasn't as angry anymore, "i hate hating you, but you make it easy,"

"i shot the chancellor." that was enough for me to lose every thought inside of my head. we both go silent for a few moments.

"Commander Shumway came to me before they dropped everyone to Earth. he told me about the plan, telling me that Octavia would also be one of the people coming down here. he gave me the chance to come here too, but only if i shot Jaha. if they know we're alive, he'll come down here and kill me." he's a coward.

"you're a coward," i start, "youd rather all of us die down here, than strap on a pair and own up to everything?" it's a rhetorical question, and i can tell he wants to change the subject. my eyes still don't leave the fire.

"i didn't know you'd be here, venus," he says, his voice still as soft as it was before. i finally turn my head to meet his.

"i can't forgive you," it's not as important as him shooting Jaha, but it is my mother's life, "i remember being thirteen, coming to you and telling you that my father was abusive to my mother. do you remember what you said to me? you said, 'i'm sure it couldn't be that bad, at least he isn't physically hurting her, right?' and i responded to you with, ' forget it, i'll figure it out myself.'"

i never broke eye contact even for a second, and i could tell that he genuinely felt bad for everything he had done that night.

"i didn't know this was going to happen," was all he said to me.

"but it did,"

i turned back to the fire, hoping he'd eventually get up and go somewhere else. he did.

-

the next morning, a loud scream sent octavia and i running into the drop ship. there, finn holds down jasper while clarke cuts away at his flesh.

"stop," octavia yells to clarke, "you're killing him"

"she's trying to save his life," finn defends clarke, irritating me once again. he's kissing her ass just to actually get into her pants.

"she can't," bellamy enters the room, and wells stands up, getting closer to bellamy.

"back off," he says, getting interrupted by clarke. i like this kid more and more every day.

"if he's not better by tomorrow, i'll kill him myself," and with that, Bellamy walks out of the Drop Ship.

"what a dick," i say, before getting up and following him outside.

when i got outside, Murphy was walking with Bellamy towards his tent. people are outside, getting to work on whatever they think will help, or theyre socializing around.

"what the fuck?" i yell towards Bellamy, grabbing the bottom of his shirt and pulling him to face me.

"what?" he asks, his voice isn't as soft as it was last night. i'm guessing Murphy is the reason, man has to keep his pride.

"fuck you and fuck your ego," i start, getting louder, "kill jasper, and i'll personally castrate you. i'll hang you by your stretched out ballsack,"

people are listening from afar, and i notice clarke, wells, and finn walk into the woods.

"he's a lost cause, and if you can't see that you're insane," he tries to turn back towards Murphy, to give him some sort of instruction.

"Murph, if you listen to him, you're his bitch." i say before turning back towards Bellamy, "now go."

Bellamy leaves, Murphy turns towards me, looking somewhat impressed. i hate finding him attractive.

"where's your tent?" i ask him.

"follow me, princess."

and we walk to his tent.