Chapter 7

"And they sent a rover to Europa this morning to see if there are aliens," Myungsuk squeaked, bouncing on the balls of his feet, his sweet-plum scent overpowering the coffee beans behind the counter.

Seunghyeon chuckled and looked over at Taeyong. "Sure, 'cause aliens are their first priority."

Taeyong snickered and nudged him. "Don't be mean," he said and turned to Myungsuk. "How long until they get there?"

"Six years," Myungsuk sighed as he foamed up some milk. Six years to reach Jupiter's moon. The most habitable one. The little ice moon had the perfect conditions for life. Even if they find the fossilized remains of microorganisms, that'd be more than enough. Myungsuk purred under his breath. Today was a step in the right direction for space exploration.

"Myungsuk," Taeyong called out and Myungsuk looked up, blinking. "Have you had a chance to meet, Kwangsun?" he continued, smirking at Seunghyeon, who scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Who?" Myungsuk wrapped his head around that name.

Taeyong was smiling, but Seunghyeon seemed annoyed. Myungsuk remained neutral "No, I haven't met Kwangsun."

"Good," Seunghyeon snapped. "He's a pain," he grumbled. "Seriously, Hyung. Just fire him."

"I'm not going to fire him. If he did something worth firing you would've done it without asking permission," Taeyong pointed out and tilted his chin up, his arms crossing too.

Seunghyeon slouched. "I'm not that mean. I give people chances," he said, snapping his wrist.

Taeyong giggled and squeezed Seunghyeon's cheeks. "Oh yes, you are so benevolent."

The bell above the door chimed and Myungsuk turned around, his body going still. Mr. Moon was back and he was wearing glasses. Thin, rectangular glasses. They suited his face. They made him look sophisticated. Like, Captain Giya in the original anime.

He walked over and Myungsuk jumped out of his skin. "Hello," Mr. Moon said softly once he got to the counter.

"Hello," Myungsuk repeated, sidestepping Taeyong to meet him on the other side of the register. Was he leaning forward too much? Was his smile too bright? Myungsuk dropped his gaze and leaned back. "Um, what can I get you?"

"What I had last time, please. I think I had a—"

"A mocha and honey cake," Myungsuk blurted out before biting the tip of his tongue. His memory was exceptional, but plenty of people told him it was weird. "I think," he added, though he still tapped the order in.

"Yeah, I think that's what I got," Mr. Moon said and his eyes squinted into happy moons. "Um, can it be for here?" he asked as he looked around.

He was going to dine in? Myungsuk curled his toes and nodded. "Can it be for here? Yes, it can," Myungsuk said. He watched Mr. Moon assess the vacant tables as he paid. "You should take the table in the corner. Next to the window," Myungsuk said, pointing. "There's no breeze from the door and it's cozy," he explained, smiling up at him.

Mr. Moon nodded approvingly. "You're right. Thank you," he said and politely bowed his head before walking over to the table, setting his backpack down and taking the seat closest to the window. Opposite Myungsuk's favourite seat.

A pair of hands slapped his shoulders and Myungsuk gasped, coiling immediately. He spun around and frowned at Seunghyeon as he laughed.

Taeyong placed his hand on Myungsuk's scrunched forehead. "I'm sorry, are you Park Myungsuk?"