Chapter 47

Seunghyeon hiked up his embroidered shorts and smoothed out the matching, military-style blazer. "Don't you think it's too much?" he asked, running his fingers against the fine gold details, popping against the black fabric.

"No way," Taeyong said from Seunghyeon's bed. "You look amazing. Plus, Chanri wants you to wear it."

"Right."

After Taeyong told Chanri that Seunghyeon would go instead of him, she sent over one of her new pieces for him to wear. It fit Seunghyeon like a glove and made him look like a million bucks. But that was what worried him.

Shaking his head, Seunghyeon fluffed his hair and helped Taeyong to his feet. "I'm going to say goodbye to Myungsuk," Seunghyeon said as they stepped out of his room.

Seunghyeon waited until Taeyong went ahead and was out of sight before gently knocking on Myungsuk's door.

"Come in," Myungsuk's voice croaked out.

Sighing, Seunghyeon cracked open the door, side-stepping inside. Myungsuk peeked up from his desk, wrapped around in his duvet. He blinked and smiled softly. "You look really pretty, Hyung."

Seunghyeon shuffled his feet. "Thanks." He walked over and rested his chin on top of Myungsuk's head. "I just wanted to see how you were before I go."

"You wanted to see how I was?" Myungsuk repeated and sighed. "I'm okay." He gestured to his laptop in front of him. "Insoo is better too."

Seunghyeon glimpsed at the chat on-screen and smirked at all the emojis. He nuzzled Myungsuk's hair, letting out his scent as he pulled away. "I'll see you tonight."

Myungsuk gave him a little wave. "Have fun."

Nodding, Seunghyeon closed the door behind him and headed down the hall. He took a deep breath. At least they were doing better.

Taeyong's laugh echoed through the house and Seunghyeon raised his eyebrow as he turned the corner into the foyer.

On the landing, Kwangsun stood, laughing along with Taeyong. His face was glowing with his hair tied back in a short ponytail. And his suit...

"Hey, kitty!"

Seunghyeon jumped, his eyes flicking back up to meet Kwangsun's dopey grin. Seunghyeon's heart skipped.

"Uh"–Seunghyeon padded over–"Hey Sunny," he said and cleared his throat. "You clean up nice."

"So do you," Kwangsun said and Seunghyeon fought the urge to mess with his hair.

"Seunghyeon, I was just telling Kwangsun he looks incredible," Taeyong said and reached over to the silk scarf tied over Kwangsun's shoulder. The intricate gold and black print on it made him look absolutely regal.

Kwangsun chuckled and nodded. "That's the plan. I didn't want to just wear a boring black suit. Plus''–Kwangsun winked at Seunghyeon–"I wanted to match."

Seunghyeon's cheeks heated up, and he bit back a smile.

"Oh, that's cute," Taeyong giggled. "But you didn't have to. People might get the wrong idea."

Seunghyeon squinted at Taeyong before Kwangsun chuckled. "I want Kim Chanri to know who I'm there with." Kwangsun held his fist up, triumphantly. "And then maybe I'll have the chance to give her my card."

Taeyong burst out laughing. "I still can't believe you're her fan."

Seunghyeon took a deep breath and shook his head. He stepped down as he slipped on his knee-high boots. It wasn't like Seunghyeon wanted Kwangsun to admit this was a date. Seunghyeon shook his head. That would be too embarrassing.