Special: To Fight like a Pirate [Seunghyeon x Kwangsun]

Every man on the ship was equal. They worked together, ate together, slept together, all of it. And now, after being promoted from hostages for ransom to crewmates, the Parks were expected to do the same.

Seunghyeon led Taeyong and Myungsuk into the mess deck. The noise of chatter, clanging dishes, and stomping feet halted. All eyes were on them, the creaking of the ship with each wave echoed through the silence.

Gulping, Seunghyeon lifted his chin and headed straight to the cook at the end of the hall. Myungsuk gripped the back of his shirt and hid his face against Taeyong's arm.

"Finally got your beauty sleep, eh?" The cook asked, his laugh wheezy. The boys didn't say anything as he plopped overcooked congee into three copper bowls. At least the cook gave them two pieces of dried meat each. A luxury they hadn't seen since they got here.

The cook handed Seunghyeon and Myungsuk a bowl before winking at Taeyong. "Here you go, doc."

Taeyong tensed his jaw. With a polite nod, he nudged Seunghyeon and Myungsuk. "Let's go."

Seunghyeon sighed and led them to an empty table in the back corner of the mess. They set their bowls down, facing the crew with Myungsuk protectively in the middle.

Back home, Taeyong would be the one who helped deliver babies and illegally blend heat and rut suppressants with Seunghyeon, but that didn't make him a doctor. Though, the skill was enough to bargain for their lives.

Seunghyeon watched as Taeyong brushed back a piece of Myungsuk's hair and encouraged him to eat. Myungsuk still hadn't said a single word since arriving on the ship. Fear and anxiety rolled off him constantly, no wonder Taeyong tried to swallow down his own feelings to care for him.

It amazed Seunghyeon after seeing Taeyong completely break down from being separated from Daehyun to the point of numbness and still trying to go on living. Taeyong and Myungsuk were holding on by a thread. And Seunghyeon needed to support them if they wanted to survive this. He needed to be the strong one. Emotionally, mentally, and physically.

At least they didn't have to worry about sleeping arrangements. As omegas, the quartermaster was able to convince the crew that for everyone's best interest, they should sleep somewhere else, away from the alpha-lidden crew. And that meant sleeping in the captain's quarters. Seunghyeon gritted his teeth. Speaking of the captain...

The door to the deck swung open and a familiar voice echoed through. "Good morning, crew!" Captain Kwangsun called out. As the crew greeted him back, he smirked. An obnoxious expression of pride that made Seunghyeon scoff.

The captain made his way over to the cook before looking over and catching Seunghyeon's stare. Startled, Seunghyeon quickly turned away.

"Well, looks like you three are adjusting nicely," Kwangsun drawled out as he took the bench across them, brushing his dreads off his shoulder as he folded his hand on the table.

Taeyong and Seunghyeon glanced at each other. Clearing his throat, Seunghyeon sat up, his eyes still cast down. "We are. We're not causing any trouble."

"Good." Kwangsun stared at him for a while, his intense gaze sending goosebumps up Seunghyeon's spine. Slowly smirking, Kwangsun huffed out a laugh. "You're always going to be trouble. That's just how omegas are."

Seunghyeon shot him a glare. "That is not true."

"Isn't it?" Kwangsun asked. "You're three delicate omegas, two of which are unmated," he said, nodding his head at Myungsuk. Taeyong wrapped his arm around Myungsuk. "Not saying any of my crew would do anything to you guys. They know the rules. But also"– Kwangsun shrugged–"you three are dead weight for our next raid since you can't fight."