Chapter 10

Taeyong held onto Daehyun's arm as they followed the maid from the hand-crafted Sandalwood door through the softly-lit house. "This is such a good song," Taeyong whispered, humming along to the peaceful jazz melody.

"I'll ask which one it is," Daehyun whispered back and Taeyong grinned, kissing his shoulder.

They thanked the maid as they walked into the grand living room. Just like the rest of the house, the open and modern interior and the large windows reflected the air of glamour that Taeyong adored.

"You're here!" Cho Hwa jumped up from the sofa, bouncing over and hugging him tightly.

"Sorry we're late," Taeyong laughed and leaned down, hugging her back, kissing both cheeks. "You've lost weight," Taeyong said, leaning back and patting her sides. She had always been pudgy since high school, but she was starting to look the same as she did before she had her baby.

Cho Hwa nodded. "Thank you! Yeah, I got a new chef. She's an omega too and is from France."

"Oh, fancy," Taeyong hummed. He expected nothing less from an heiress.

Pulling away, Taeyong greeted her husband, Li Wei. He was more stout than most alphas, but Taeyong liked him even more because of that. Plus, he also came from humble beginnings and now look at him.

"Look who's here. Fashionably late as always," Jaejin drawled, sauntering into the living room.

Taeyong smirked and walked over. "It's good to see you too, Jaejin," he said and kissed both his cheeks as they hugged. His white structured blazer mimicked the bold lines of the house and made his signature cherry red lipstick pop against his skin. A red only he could pull off.

"Where's Hyunwoo?" Taeyong asked, looking around for Jaejin's husband.

"He's on a call," he sighed. "He'll join us soon. Dinner's on the table, by the way."

Everyone followed Jaejin through the hall into a low-lit dining room, the glass table sparkling under the chandelier. Through the other entrance, Hyunwoo appeared.

"Sorry, I'm late. Business never sleeps," he said in a low, gruff voice.

Daehyun smirked as they shook hands. "I feel for you. Hope everything is settled for the evening now."

"Let's hope," he said and waited until Daehyun pulled away before shaking Li Wei's hand, subtly brushing his hand off on his blazer when he pulled away.

The omegas sat down after the alphas and the first course was served; a light lemongrass soup. Taeyong hummed as he took his first sip.

"What is everyone drinking, tonight?" Jaejin asked from the head of the table.

"Scotch as always," Daehyun said. Taeyong smiled and nudged his shoulder.

"Should've known," Jaejin said and gestured to the housekeeper. "Do you want the same thing?"

Taeyong stiffened and shook his head, chuckling. "No, thank you. I'm not drinking tonight."

"Not drinking," Cho Hwa gasped. She and Jaejin both looked at each other in bemusement. "Who are you and what have you done with Park Taeyong?"

Taeyong rolled his eyes. He didn't drink that much.

Jaejin clicked his tongue. "You never turn down a drink. What are you? Pregnant?"

The room went silent and Taeyong and Daehyun shared a look. Daehyun proudly holding his hand under the table and Taeyong ducked his head, bit back a smile, "Actually, I am."