Chapter 19

Taeyong looked over his shoulder and squinted at the mirror. The blazer was pristinely tailored, and the pants had enough stretch that it'll be useful in the next few months, but...

He glanced over at Daehyun, who sat on the long couch in front of the platform.

Taeyong tilted his head.

Daehyun narrowed his eyes before shaking his head.

Taeyong cracked a smile and turned to the store assistant. "Can we remove the bow?"

"Certainly," she said and unclipped the giant bow from Taeyong's back. Now it looked less like a butterfly costume and more like a normal suit. "How is it now, Mr. Park?"

"Much better," Taeyong said, running his hands over the fabric, his ring glinting in the reflection. "Could I have two more sets in the other colours? And can I try on more shoes, please?"

"Of course," she said and hurried off.

Taeyong stepped down from the platform and fell back onto the couch with a huff. He scooted closer to Daehyun and sighed, resting his head against his shoulder. "Sorry for taking so long."

Daehyun wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. Just enjoy yourself," he said and kissed the top of his head. "Today is all about you."

Humming, he nuzzled against him. "Thank you," he said, taking Daehyun's free hand and lacing their fingers. "Thank you for coming with me. This would've been boring by myself."

Daehyun chuckled. "Of course. Besides," he said, nudging their bags with his foot. "I have to make sure you buy some clothes for yourself and not just for the baby."

"But they're so cute," Taeyong whined, pulling out a pink onesie covered with stars.

"They certainly are cute," Daehyun hummed and stretched his arm across the back of the sofa. "If our baby is anything like you, they'll be the cutest child ever," he said, kissing his ear.

Squirming, Taeyong bit back a grin. "They'll be a mixture of both of us," he said and looked down, rubbing his belly. "You're already the cutest, my baby. I just know it."

The stylist cleared her throat, and Taeyong jerked up, blushing at her grin. "I thought you might like this blazer as well," she said, pulling out a green, raw silk blazer. "It's from a new designer in Japan."

"Wow," Taeyong breathed out and brushed his fingers over the fabric. "It's beautiful. What do you say, Daehyun?"

"It is nice," he hummed. "I notice there're a lot more collections from Japan. Or is that just me?"

Taeyong shook his head. "No, you're right. Hyunwoo's been going to Japan quite a bit. He went again this morning," he explained.

Daehyun nodded. "Do you want to try it on?"

"Sure," Taeyong said and stood up. The blood rushed from his head, and he swayed, Daehyun grabbing his waist. Taeyong slapped his hand over his mouth. Something more concerning than a little lightheadedness.

"Ah, I'll be right back," Taeyong mumbled and didn't wait for Daehyun to reply before zipping through the racks of clothes and down the department store to the bathroom.

Taeyong groaned as he padded out of the stall and gripped the edge of the sink, taking deep breaths from his nose and exhaling from his mouth. He left his bag with Daehyun, leaving behind his phone and nausea medication.

The door opened, and Taeyong tried to ignore the clicking of heels and continue breathing. But they stopped right next to him.

"Sir, are you okay?"