Chapter 27

"Are you sure you want to come shopping with us?" Taeyong asked as the three of them walked through the automatic doors, welcomed by a gust of AC to combat the scorching sun.

Myungsuk nodded as he slid on his mask. "Am I sure? Yes. I want to buy something for Insoo."

"We could go to a cheaper place for that," Seunghyeon said.

Taeyong agreed. "Yeah, this place is for people like me." Older and more established. Even Seunghyeon didn't buy his clothes here.

"No, I like this place," Myungsuk said. "They're nice here. And it's never crowded," he said as they took the escalator up. "And I have my allowance."

"I can't argue with that," Taeyong said and shrugged with Seunghyeon.

"Maybe I'll buy something too," Seunghyeon mused.

Taeyong chuckled. "With what money?" he asked, giggling at Seunghyeon's glare.

The three of them headed to the clothing department before splitting up. Taeyong brushed his hands against the hung shirts, stopping to rub the fabric between his fingers. He grimaced. Too thick.

He pulled away and took a deep breath. Even in a thin shirt, he was sweating. People weren't kidding when they said 'you have a bun in the oven.'

Taeyong rubbed his bump and squinted at the ceiling and headed to the closest air conditioning vent. And with a stroke of luck, it was directly over a sofa by the dressing rooms.

He tossed his bag aside and fell onto the couch with a satisfied sigh. Taeyong closed his eyes and tilted his head back, grinning at the gentle and constant breeze.

"Hello, sir. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Taeyong blinked and frantically sat up. "Oh, no thank you–" Taeyong gaped. Bold, cherry lips on an innocently wide smile. Taeyong stared at the familiar shopgirl.

"Ah, I remember you," she said with a delighted clap. "How are you, sir? Are you here to see the stylist?"

"Ah." Taeyong put on a polite smile. "I'm not. Just shopping with others."

"I see," she said and looked around, and didn't spot anyone.

Taeyong brushed his fingers against his bag. "Actually," Taeyong started and sat up straighter. "Would you be able to get me some water, please," he asked, placing his hand on his bump, making it visible.

Her eyes flicked down and widened. "Oh, yes. Of course," she said and hurried off, her kitten heels clinking against the tile floor.

When she was out of sight, Taeyong pulled out his phone. 

In a minute, Seunghyeon rushed over, panting and with clothes haphazardly draped over his arm

In a minute, Seunghyeon rushed over, panting and with clothes haphazardly draped over his arm. "What's wrong?" he asked, checking Taeyong over.

"I just saw her," he whispered.