Chapter 46

Myungsuk and Insoo stepped onto the sunny street from the subway, Myungsuk smiling ear to ear. He'd ridden the subway several times now and felt like an expert. As long as he had his mask, headphones, and Insoo and he was all set.

All week Myungsuk had been buzzing from meeting Insoo's friends. He'd been texting Zara about Galactica to the point that Insoo said he was jealous. Needless to say, Myungsuk cuddled him hard after that. Even thinking about it made Myungsuk giggle.

But now, it was time for Myungsuk to introduce Insoo to someone. They reached the grand skyscraper and walked in. Looking around, he spotted Byungsoo by the front desk. Myungsuk grinned and hurried over, pulling Insoo along.

"Hello, Byungsoo," Myungsuk greeted. He spun around to Insoo. "This is Byungsoo. Hyung's secretary," he explained.

Insoo nodded his head at him. "Nice to meet you," he said, his voice quivering. Myungsuk raised his eyebrows and tilted his head.

As they got to the empty elevator, Myungsuk studied Insoo. His hand was shaking and his face was pale. Myungsuk pouted and pulled down his mask to kiss Insoo's shoulder. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. He didn't want Insoo to be scared because of this. If he had known, he would have contently lived his whole life never introducing Insoo to Daehyun.

"I'm sorry," he muttered and Insoo turned to him, looking over Myungsuk's expression.

Insoo took a deep breath and shook his head. "It's okay. I want to meet him. I do. I'm just nervous."

Myungsuk pouted before nodding. That was understandable. Myungsuk was nervous to meet Insoo's friends. "I'll be beside you the whole time," he whispered, smiling. "You can depend on me."

His heart fluttered when Insoo pecked his cheek, giggling too much to care about Byungsoo sniggering.

Byungsoo opened the door to the firm and led them past the many desks full of busy people in crisp suits until they stopped at Daehyun's door. "I'll let him know you're here," Byungsoo said and stepped over to his desk, pressing a button on the phone.

"Yes, Byungsoo?" Daehyun asked over the line and Insoo stiffened. Myungsuk nuzzled his arm.

"Your 2 o'clock is here," Byungsoo said.

"Okay," Daehyun said. "They can come in whenever they're ready."

"Got it," Byungsoo said and dropped the line with a smirk. "Well?"

"Are you ready?" Myungsuk asked Insoo.

Insoo took a deep breath. "Ready as I'll ever be," he said with a sheepish smile.

Grinning, Myungsuk turned the handle and stepped inside. "Hello, Hyung, we're here," he announced.

Daehyun smiled warmly and stood up from his desk, buttoning the top button of his blazer. "Hello, Myungsuk," he said and walked around. He stood in front of them, his expression hard and stoic. "You must be Insoo," he said, casually and held his hand out. "It's nice to meet you."

Insoo's body instinctively leaned forward to bow but paused when he processed Daehyun's extended hand. His eyes widened and a palpable moment later, Insoo shook his hand robotically. "I-it's nice to meet you too," he said, unable to look Daehyun in the eyes.

"Hm," Daehyun hummed and pulled back. "Please, take a seat," he said, gesturing to the couches. Nodding, Insoo and Myungsuk sat on one couch while Daehyun sat across from them.

Daehyun crossed one leg over the other and leaned back, his hands folded on his knee, watching Insoo silently. Insoo looked down at his own folded hands, his Adam's apple bobbing.