Chapter 32

Taeyong headed to the reception desk while the bustling crowd moved around him and jumped out of his path. They glanced and whispered about one of three things: Taeyong's visible bump under his silk shirt, the bags with the cafe's logo on them, or the fact that they knew who he was.

The receptionist jumped up from her seat and bowed. "Hello, Mr. Park. How are you? Would you like me to clear an elevator for you?

Taeyong removed his sunglasses and smiled. An empty elevator would be a nice break from everyone's scents. But he glanced over at the queue. "I'm okay," he said. "Please tell Secretary Byungsoo I'm here."

He made his way to the elevators as one opened up. When one person noticed him, it was a chain reaction of employees stopping others from getting into the elevator. Holding back his smirk, Taeyong nodded at them and got into the empty elevator.

"Please hold the door!" A hand cut through the closing doors, and Taeyong blinked when he saw Eunae. She was huffing and clutching onto her purse, dressed in a grey suit.

Someone reached out to stop her, but Taeyong let her in. "Which floor," he asked politely as she stood next to him, catching her breath.

"20, please," she said before looking up, equally surprised to see him. "It's you!" She bowed her head and grinned brightly.

"Yes, it's me," Taeyong chuckled. "How are you, dear?"

"Good," Eunae breathed out and nodded.

"Good, good," he repeated. She stared at her reflection and started adjusting her new bangs. She pursed her lips and furrowed her brows. She was wearing pink lipstick this time.

"I like your new look," Taeyong said. The short hair and light colours suited her youthful face." Are you meeting anyone in particular?"

"Oh, thank you," Eunae beamed before shaking her head. "No. Well, yes? I have an interview for an internship." She smiled and squared her shoulders. "It's time for me to move on. Can't depend on boyfriends forever, right," she said, with a hollow laugh.

Taeyong's smile softened, and he placed his hand on her shoulder, brushing off her blazer. "I'm sure you'll do great."

Eunae looked at him through the glass reflection, her eyes on his stomach and the bags in his hand. She smiled sadly. Taeyong could tell she probably envied his life, but it was a life she couldn't have with Hyunwoo.

The doors opened, and Taeyong squeezed her shoulder. "Good luck," he said and dropped his hand.

"Thank you," Eunae said and turned to him and bowed. When she stood, she peered into his eyes. "Thank you," she repeated.

With a firm nod, Taeyong watched her walk out. "Oh, Eunae!"

Eunae whipped around. "Yes?"

Taeyong folded his hands together and smiled. "You look good in pink."

Eunae's face lit up, and she bowed deeply as the doors closed.

Sighing in the silence, Taeyong looked around the elevator, biting the inside of his cheek as he smiled.

Going up 45-floors, the doors opened to Secretary Byungsoo waiting for him. "Hello, Taeyong," he said with a bow. His hair was slicked to the side, and his face was dotted with concealer.

Taeyong chuckled as he stepped out, handing the boxes to Byungsoo. He nearly dropped them by their weight, but thankfully did not. "Did you freshen yourself up for me?" Taeyong asked teasingly.

"Of course," Byungsoo said with enthusiasm. "I feel bad when you scold Daehyun because of my appearance."

"You are always presentable," Taeyong said. "I'll only scold him when he works you to the bone."